Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2017 12:51:59 PM EDT
A few months ago my wife called me at work, saying her arm, neck and jaw were hurting. I did some manual labor many years ago for a female doc who told me what to look out for*. I got home, called 911 and the ambulance crew said she was having ventricular fibrillation. Not as bad as a "real" heart attack but serious enough that she went to the hospital. (BP through the roof, heart rate 200+.)
She's fine now. She wore a monitor for 30 days after the operation and didn't have a single event. She's on blood thinners now.

*More important news: The doc told me that women don't have heart attacks as often as men, but when they do, they (1) don't present with symptoms as seriously as men do, and (2) the heart attacks are much more serious. NO ONE should ignore the symptoms, but especially women should not ignore them.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 12:54:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:22:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
V Fib is no joke.  Good call.
View Quote
Just the high heartbeat is bad enough. V  fib causes blood to pool in the ventricle, causing blood clots... and in my wife's case, having had a major stroke before, it's simply a recipe for disaster.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top