Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2016 12:05:00 AM EDT
Any thoughts or comments on this news story?

article here

PALATKA, Fla. -- A north Florida woman told deputies her 4-year-old son shot her in the back while he was sitting in the back seat of her pickup truck.
A Putnam County Sheriff's Office news release says a deputy saw 31-year-old Jamie Gilt of Jacksonville behaving frantically inside the truck Tuesday afternoon and quickly realized she'd been shot.

The release says the woman told deputies her son accidentally shot her. He wasn't harmed and was reunited with family members. The Department of Children and Families will investigate.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 12:57:53 AM EDT
[#1]
<Removed--this isn't GD.  --tbk1> news like this in the media does not fare well. We end up spending more time defending ourselves due to the actions of stupid people with guns than we should.
In before not guilty comments
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 5:51:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Calling her a stupid fucking cunt is probably a bit much but I am amazed at how irresponsible she was. I understand that everyone has moments that they make a mistake but to do it around a child is not forgivable. I do feel sad for the boy. His family will be going through some very hard times and it's not his fault.

Here's a good reminder to practice what you preach and always be safe around firearms.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 2:08:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Calling her a stupid fucking cunt is probably a bit much but I am amazed at how irresponsible she was. I understand that everyone has moments that they make a mistake but to do it around a child is not forgivable. I do feel sad for the boy. His family will be going through some very hard times and it's not his fault.

Here's a good reminder to practice what you preach and always be safe around firearms.
View Quote

I apologize for my comment. It was not appropriate and IM sent.

It is a shame and unfortunate that this happened, it just tears me up to knowing that there are 1000's of parents with that same level of irresponsibility that have no business owning a firearm.

Link Posted: 4/8/2016 7:14:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Not a" bit much".same thoughts here
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:52:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Any thoughts?  Yes.

Simply put, Mom should never have had a weapon, unsecured, around a 4 year old.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top