Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2015 11:16:17 PM EDT
I am new to shooting and new here. I have found a few places on line to get some information, but am still finding it lacking. This web site is very active, but this forum doesn't have all that much activity, As a woman new to all this, it sure would be great to be able to hear from other women. Is it just me, or are women relatively quite around here? are there other places or forums that other women use that may have more activity? I am starting to feel like I am the only woman here.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 3:41:04 AM EDT
[#1]
well  I'm pretty active  in GD  .
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 11:39:54 AM EDT
[#2]
There are other places where we usually hang out.

But I've been super busy anyway
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 12:43:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't worry, someone will be along soon to tell you "there are no women on the internet."

There are plenty of women here, browse around and you'll get to know us.

I do not "hang out" in this particular forum, though, since most of my day-to-day interactions on arfcom are not specific to shooting only, or me as a female shooting. I use this and the technical forums for "research" (since many of my questions have already been asked and answered by others, and the search option gives me those earlier threads) and the General Discussion forum for day to day browsing and keeping up on current events on firearms issues and complete nonsense. GD also gets the most "attention," so sometimes a specific question may get seen by more people and answered in the blink of an eye, whereas it may have languished longer in a more specific forum.

Link Posted: 8/7/2015 10:42:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm here!
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 6:27:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I shoot and i'm female. New poster but an old lurker. Been busy summer & just wrapping up 2 week honeymoon, so haven't been posting.

Welcome to the site :)
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 6:39:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I shoot and i'm female. New poster but an old lurker. Been busy summer & just wrapping up 2 week honeymoon, so haven't been posting.

Welcome to the site :)
View Quote

Congrats.  

Welcome OP.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 10:32:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcome, and, yes, unfortunately it's usually pretty slow in here.  I normally post in my local hometown/state are of the forum because it's slow.  Take heart, we are here and any questions will get answered eventually .
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 7:54:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm here!
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 7:32:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Nope. None. Everyone knows there aren't any women on the Internet.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 12:05:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I am new to shooting and new here. I have found a few places on line to get some information, but am still finding it lacking. This web site is very active, but this forum doesn't have all that much activity, As a woman new to all this, it sure would be great to be able to hear from other women. Is it just me, or are women relatively quite around here? are there other places or forums that other women use that may have more activity? I am starting to feel like I am the only woman here.
View Quote

sorry, OP--we are here!!!  

i am trying to make an effort to be around more, but we are all busy

do you have a particular question or concern or just looking for like minded wimminz?
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 9:58:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 5:07:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Guess I'm the not obviously female at first category . I don't get on the internet as much as I'd like these days with work, family, and kids.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top