Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2015 7:32:16 PM EDT
Wife was fitted today and has been wrong for a long time. She was rolling with 34 (?).

Soma offerings fell apart within a couple months. I really don't have a grasp on "styles" for a bra, but would like to identify a maker that offers comfort and durability.

Thanks in advance ladies!

Keib
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 8:42:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting. 69 views at this point with no recommendations. Creepers hoping for pics or what?

Link Posted: 7/9/2015 10:53:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm an "a" cup, so I got nothin', but yeah, the thread title piqued the interest.  
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 10:57:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out websites like Lane Bryant or Woman Within, the carry larger sizes although I don't know about that exact size.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 9:14:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh I can't remember the name of the place. It may be in Atlanta? There are places that will help custom make her bras.

Yes, it is expensive. But if she is that big, it would majorly be worth it to her. I'm sure she has back pain.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh I can't remember the name of the place. It may be in Atlanta? There are places that will help custom make her bras.

Yes, it is expensive. But if she is that big, it would majorly be worth it to her. I'm sure she has back pain.
View Quote

The expense is what it is, but I hate paying $100 for a bra only for it to fall apart on her within a couple months. If you can think of the place, I would be obliged.

When she was professionally fitted over the weekend, I went when the lady said G. That letter sounds ridiculous, but they really don't seem that big. Maybe I've just been around them a while now.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 12:08:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check out websites like Lane Bryant or Woman Within, the carry larger sizes although I don't know about that exact size.
View Quote

Not sure if she's tried either of these. I'll pass it along. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 11:20:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Now, by fitted did they actually have a 32G for her to try on and see if it felt right?

When you get up into the DDD and above you get into wishy washy waters.  I've been DD or higher since High school, and it becomes more about personal preference than specifically measurements.  
Just a couple weeks ago I was measured as a 38G at Lane Bryant.  They didn't have any that size at that shop so I ended up going to another one the next day and after trying some on I found that I am actually more comfortable in a 38F.  
My preference is solid support.  I don't like my chest to move at all.  With the G I felt too.. wiggly and uncontrolled.  The F holds things snugger and brings me to my comfort zone.

Just something that I dealt with recently that came to mind when I read through your OP - don't go and buy a bunch of things online(and have to pay bunches to ship them back) until she knows for sure that 32G is where her body and mind really do meet.  

~And try lots of styles in a size.  One bra may feel like all kinds of fuck but another in the same size is perfect.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 11:23:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Linda the Bra Lady, Figleaves.com
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 4:56:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm, uh, rather well-endowed myself. I swear by the Wacoal Awareness bra.

My suggestion is this: go to Nordstrom (if you have one) or a specialty bra shop. Your gal needs to get measured properly. One she knows her size, she can buy online.

My old favorite by Wacoal was discontinued. I went to a specialty bra shop run by some little old Jewish ladies in Highland Park, IL. They recommended the Wacoal Awareness bra. That was a couple of years ago. Now I buy mine from either Bare Necessities or Amazon! They run about $70 each. Very comfortable. I need a lot of support to keep the girls up! which means an underwire.

Link

ETA: these are not flimsy bras. They hold up well. I rotated three over the course of about 15 months. Don't expect bras for large busted women to last forever, especially when they're holding up a big load.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 3:57:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Good stuff Tech Gal and Marie.

My wife has read and appreciates the replies.

She was fitted in the keys over the weekend. When she told the lady she needed a fitting, the lady summoned another employee because she was "not certified".

Quite the science, these boobs you have!

She's trying one from that place, but its a small shop; hence the need for a no-brainer, clickable bra in the future.

I must admit, there are worse things to do than browse ladies' underwear sites!

Thanks again for the help. My girl doesn't get much computer time these days.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:05:59 AM EDT
[#11]
I have had luck with Freya bras ordering off Amazon. I got fitted then went and ordered that size plus a few similar sizes. I kept the one that fit the best and returned the rest for free with Amazon Prime. This was also useful as I recently lost about 20 lbs and dropped both a cup and band size. So I just ordered a few more sizes of this brand until I found what I wanted. I started at 34G and am down to 32F. May not be the fancy or expensive or well known brand, but I like it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 11:13:23 PM EDT
[#12]
OP - I know this is a late post but your wife will be doing this for a long time. Have her try these sites: Herroom, Freshpair, Bavissimo and the Undiebox. They all have fairly extensive DD+ styles. And most of them have very helpful fitting advice regarding specific styles/fits. Panache and Freya have high quality products and are 2 of my favorites but there are other brands that these sites carry that are very good also. I often buy online because I have found the products offered are better than what I can find retail but shipping is usually longer if not in stock, most items come from the UK. I also try to buy a couple sizes of a new style and return what doesn't fit right (saves time).
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 7:15:41 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm not sure where in Florida you guys live, but Unique Lingerie in Ocala can get them for you.  She specializes in hard to fit sizes and mastectomy bras.  Most of the brands she carries are higher end European companies, but they are worth the money.  My wife has large breasts and was destroying bras from VS and the department stores in a couple months, and it looked bad under her clothing because she was always spilling out over the top of the bra.  Those things ran $45-75 each.  The high end bras are $100-150 but last a lot longer, are sexy, she says they are more comfortable, and they look good under her clothing  There is a higher initial investment, but you will save a lot in the end.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top