Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2015 2:14:47 PM EDT
Quick background. We are 29, 3rd anniversary so its leather... what the hell. Wife is a nurse, she shoots but i wouldnt call her a "shooter". I have no freaking idea. I dont wanna go generic with a purse or anything like that
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:43:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quick background. We are 29, 3rd anniversary so its leather... what the hell. Wife is a nurse, she shoots but i wouldnt call her a "shooter". I have no freaking idea. I dont wanna go generic with a purse or anything like that
View Quote

How about buying her a leather holster and when she opens it and starts wondering why you gave her a holster, you give her a gun for it? You can probably guess what she would like at this point and if it doesn't suit her for some reason you can use that to get her into the gun store to pick something out herself.

Then after that gift, you give her a starter kit of leather bondage equipment .  Chips, dips, chains, whips....

Just a thought.

If that doesn't go over well, you can always go the traditional route and get the purse.  A really nice pair of real leather boots is always a winner but not the kind of thing you can buy for someone else.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 6:47:25 PM EDT
[#2]
What price range are you thinking?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 6:48:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How about buying her a leather holster and when she opens it and starts wondering why you gave her a holster, you give her a gun for it? You can probably guess what she would like at this point and if it doesn't suit her for some reason you can use that to get her into the gun store to pick something out herself.

Then after that gift, you give her a starter kit of leather bondage equipment .  Chips, dips, chains, whips....

Just a thought.

If that doesn't go over well, you can always go the traditional route and get the purse.  A really nice pair of real leather boots is always a winner but not the kind of thing you can buy for someone else.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just a thought.

Lol, gave her a gun for valentines two years ago and she still picks on me for it. Not that she wasnt grateful but shes just very... girly. I have already thought about the leather for the bedroom and thats probably gonna be a go regardless but i am still struggling with something creative for her actual gift. Ive considered the shoes too but i have aweful taste lol
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 6:57:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What price range are you thinking?
View Quote

Not really anything in mind for the right item
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:29:00 AM EDT
[#5]
A really nice leather case for a tablet or carrying case for a laptop is a good gift. Boots are always a pleaser but hard to pick out. A good belt could be a cheap option. Hobbies?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 7:15:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A really nice leather case for a tablet or carrying case for a laptop is a good gift. Boots are always a pleaser but hard to pick out. A good belt could be a cheap option. Hobbies?
View Quote

Lol, we have a 2 year old and a >1 yo. Hobbies are pretty much non existent for either of us
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:31:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Take her shopping at her favorite places and let her pick out something she likes while you help her pick. I am vary picky, its next to impossible to get the perfect thing for me, so that is what comes to mind for me. I don't know anything about her so that's just a suggestion.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 12:19:26 AM EDT
[#8]
A nice leather jacket is an option.  I know I would love to have a good leather jacket but they are so expensive it's not something I would ever buy for myself.  However, it would be one of those things you can't really buy for someone else.  I don't wear much leather so I don't have much to recommend.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 12:22:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Coach
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 12:25:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Leather whip or riding crop....
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 12:46:02 AM EDT
[#11]
No budget you say?

Link Posted: 7/9/2015 1:05:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

So there is an order to things, I am glad I am not married, this seems way too fucking complicated.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 7:34:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
A nice leather jacket is an option.  I know I would love to have a good leather jacket but they are so expensive it's not something I would ever buy for myself.  However, it would be one of those things you can't really buy for someone else.  I don't wear much leather so I don't have much to recommend.
View Quote

We are in the south east so she wouldnt get much use out of it, but please keep the ideas coming!
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 7:36:06 AM EDT
[#14]

Nice, how much does that steering wheel cost? It would match her explorer well
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 7:36:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

http://www.liberator.com/
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 7:37:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So there is an order to things, I am glad I am not married, this seems way too fucking complicated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a "traditional" item for each year progressing from paper on.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 7:38:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Coach
View Quote

Im thinking this is where im going to end up, maybe have it personalized in some way? Something monogrammed on the inside or something?
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 7:53:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Im thinking this is where im going to end up, maybe have it personalized in some way? Something monogrammed on the inside or something?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Coach

If she hasn't told you the model and color, you shouldn't guess.

I think you should ask her friends, not us. We just want ammo with a pretty ribbon.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 11:59:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I think you should ask her friends, not us. We just want ammo with a pretty ribbon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Coach

Purses are the one fashion item I rarely miss on. Im pretty confident in that one
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top