Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2015 3:47:22 PM EDT
Any females on here that run and carry a gun? My wife makes head bands and her biggest customers are runners, so she wants to start runnin herself. We live in a rural, quiet town, but she is most comfortable having a gun with her at all times. Any options? Think g42 or S&W Shield size
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:20:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Any gun is too heavy for a run IMO. I just decided to go with a knife while on runs.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:35:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Not a runner, but I occasionally run with the dog.  I usually have a P3AT in a belly band under my shorts. I prefer to carry a G19 in a fanny pack, even if I'm running. I don't really care if it's heavy or bumps a bit.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:36:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any gun is too heavy for a run IMO. I just decided to go with a knife while on runs.
View Quote

lol
My wife has ran 3 marathons carrying a j frame each time. The third marathon was 6 months pregnant.

J frame is a great option
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:00:42 PM EDT
[#4]
belly band FTW

just make sure you do a good wipe down afterward because the sweat and humidity soaks right though... (if you're really gettin' it during your run that is)
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:28:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Hill People Gear

RUNNERS KIT BAG

OR

SNUBBY KIT BAG
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:31:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hill People Gear

RUNNERS KIT BAG
View Quote

I really like that, but it would totally make you stand out. Especially if people's eyes naturally go to your chest. Maybe as part of a larger rig it would be more inconspicuous? Like a camelbak or something? I've seen good camelbak rigs on mountainbikers.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:12:45 PM EDT
[#7]
thunderwear or sticky holster. http://www.thunderwear.com/

The stickys really work !   http://www.stickyholsters.com/
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 10:52:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Thunderwear. Glock26.
However... forgot Thunderwear & had to use thick nylon belt (name escapes me  sorry) & my Well Armed Woman kydex holster. Ended up doing an appendix carry with my running tights pulled over the holster to stop the bounce. 3 sweaty miles & no chafing.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 5:00:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I run with the Pistolwear Trump card. I love it. It is a good breathable material and also includes a detachable strap that goes over the shoulder for added stability.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#10]
She could check this out. It's a shirt specifically meant to conceal while running
http://m.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/roswell-woman-invents-shirts-conceal-weapons/nktSJ/
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 11:39:00 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
lol

My wife has ran 3 marathons carrying a j frame each time. The third marathon was 6 months pregnant.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

lol

Good for her!

Link Posted: 10/18/2015 12:26:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Take a look at the 380 Bodyguard, small and flat, easy to conceal in a belly band.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 8:10:19 PM EDT
[#13]
doc2B, which kydex TWAW holster did you use? (The IWB single clip or the convertible OWB/IWB version)? I have the IWB single clip version for my full sized pistol; recently got a more compact 9mm for EDC that I would like to be able to run with. I'm wondering about the comfort of using TWAW's convertible kydex holster if you have any experience with it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 2:17:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Most people pick the belly band for running.
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 9:05:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
doc2B, which kydex TWAW holster did you use? (The IWB single clip or the convertible OWB/IWB version)? I have the IWB single clip version for my full sized pistol; recently got a more compact 9mm for EDC that I would like to be able to run with. I'm wondering about the comfort of using TWAW's convertible kydex holster if you have any experience with it.
View Quote

I've had experience running with both before, as well. I don't know what doc2B uses, but I used the IWB single clip and a thick carry belt of my hubby's. I keep a pair of underwear between me and the holster, and keep it from bouncing by tucking it into my running tights. I wear shirts way too big, so covering it up isn't an issue, unless the wind is blowing... and frankly, if a would-be no-gooder is deterred by my dog and my "is that a pistol?" lump, that's fine by me. I live very close to a largish city in the country on a road where all sorts of peeps travel...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top