Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 2:50:09 PM EDT
[#1]
XCR - Good luck with the loan stuff, hope everything works out, in the time frame ya need.

Katara - Yay, ultrasound!

Naamah - My condolences, sweet lady
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 8:29:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Planning on going to small hot air balloon festival this weekend.  Maybe I'll take a ride.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 8:30:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Planning on going to small hot air balloon festival this weekend.  Maybe I'll take a ride.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 10:51:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like everyone here could use a range day. Hope situations improve all around.

Nothing new or major happening with us. Farm living and what not.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 11:10:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Managed to log in on my cell, which is helpful when trying to post (passwords are haaarrrd for me to remember).
Looks like lots of busy lives in this group!

Here in SoDak we've successfully navigated First Communion, prom, college finals for myself & fiance, mothers day, a child support hearing, moved a trailer ful of belongs to new home, & got through 2 scholarship banquets...

yet to be completed: son's graduation is THIS Saturday, i move into my fiance's house Memorial Day wknd, custody mediation june 3rd, getting married June 14th, need to complete a 3rd field season for my PhD project, build a fence so we can move my horses down, honeymoon 2 wks in july/august, more custody stuff before september, & start my (hopefully) final semester of my PhD program in August.

and i suppose we should try camping with the kids, get out our spearfishing gear out & kill some fishies, get some trail miles on my horses, shoot USPSA, and swim with the kids this summer, too

Never. Boring.

But what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right girls??  
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 9:50:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sounds like everyone here could use a range day. Hope situations improve all around.

View Quote
I know I could tell hubs to watch baby while I step out to the back porch. But I just don't take the time.

Link Posted: 5/13/2015 9:50:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
I don't know if I could handle that height

Link Posted: 5/13/2015 9:51:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Managed to log in on my cell, which is helpful when trying to post (passwords are haaarrrd for me to remember).

Here in SoDak we've successfully navigated First Communion, prom, college finals for myself & fiance, mothers day, a child support hearing, moved a trailer ful of belongs to new home, & got through 2 scholarship banquets...

yet to be completed: son's graduation is THIS Saturday, i move into my fiance's house Memorial Day wknd, custody mediation june 3rd, getting married June 14th, need to complete a 3rd field season for my PhD project, build a fence so we can move my horses down, honeymoon 2 wks in july/august, more custody stuff before september, & start my (hopefully) final semester of my PhD program in August.

and i suppose we should try camping with the kids, get out our spearfishing gear out & kill some fishies, get some trail miles on my horses, shoot USPSA, and swim with the kids this summer, too

Never. Boring.

View Quote
What is your phd project?

Link Posted: 5/13/2015 10:31:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know I couldn't.

NOPE NOPE NOPE....
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 1:06:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never. Boring.

Determining weed tolerance traits & genetic resources in teosinte & corn...
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 1:09:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Hot air ballons? Never.
Full day at the range with the cell phone off? Definitely....

I'm a researcher in plant science & PhD student... what does everybody else do on this site?
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 1:19:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Range day and hot air balloon both sound like fun.  Too sick to do anything right now, though.  I had a note for myself when getting groceries to get cough drops/etc yesterday.... but guess what I forgot?
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 4:11:05 PM EDT
[#13]
XCR, still got my fingers crossed for ya'll.   I don't think Evelyn thinks so. Michael for her up from her morning nap Monday and brought her in the living room, where I was napping on the couch. He told her to be quiet, Momma's sleeping. She walks right up to me and hits my belly. Twice.  I am hoping her little brother coming will help her realize she is NOT the only thing I have to take care of.

SPJ, good luck on your test today!

Namaah, my sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Faydreh, I hope you get some cough drops today and feel better soon.

doc2B, that is what they say but it sure makes for an exhausted life at times.  You sound like you could use a couple of clones to help with everything you have got going on. Good luck on your field mission project for your PhD.

tall_saangel, sounds like fun- going to the festival and getting a ride. I would go up but I would be nervous the whole time.  I've been higher up in a plane, so maybe it wouldn't be too bad. I think I would have to look at the horizon and not directly below me.

Beautiful, yes, a range day sounds GREAT. My oldest is getting one in about 4 months as a late birthday present. He turns 16 next week and someone has offered to let him shoot full auto, which will make his day! I am waiting till after I have the baby. It gives me more time to save and I don't think it would be great for the baby to be around full auto sounds. Congrats on the barn.

Ultrasound went well- pics on fb. This boy has got cute, pinchable cheeks.  Both techs raved about his cheeks. He is of average size and weight, which is incredible considering my gestational diabetes. In fact, I am managing it SO well, I don't have to go back for 2 weeks. My doc always sees you every week if you have gestational diabetes but I am doing really well. I also only need to check my blood sugar 2x/day, which saves money on testing strips. I also am able to wrangle finances to pay off our couch this week and pay off Steven's other big birthday present next week, a Boy Scout outing to bicycle the Katy Trail in Missouri next month. Not to mention 2 bills that are usually late will be paid on time, which is so nice. It's nice to feel like I am getting somewhere with my family's finances.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 8:05:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Hope you get better Faydreh.  No fun when you are sick.

Quoted:
Range day and hot air balloon both sound like fun.  Too sick to do anything right now, though.  I had a note for myself when getting groceries to get cough drops/etc yesterday.... but guess what I forgot?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/13/2015 8:07:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Range day sounds great.  Hopefully soon.

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 11:10:52 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Ultrasound went well- pics on fb. This boy has got cute, pinchable cheeks.  Both techs raved about his cheeks. He is of average size and weight, which is incredible considering my gestational diabetes. In fact, I am managing it SO well, I don't have to go back for 2 weeks. My doc always sees you every week if you have gestational diabetes but I am doing really well. I also only need to check my blood sugar 2x/day, which saves money on testing strips. I also am able to wrangle finances to pay off our couch this week and pay off Steven's other big birthday present next week, a Boy Scout outing to bicycle the Katy Trail in Missouri next month. Not to mention 2 bills that are usually late will be paid on time, which is so nice. It's nice to feel like I am getting somewhere with my family's finances.
View Quote
Check and see what the price of the strips are if your doctor writes you a prescription. It made a world of difference for me.

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 11:11:31 AM EDT
[#17]
I failed my math part again. I am so down about it. I feel like I'm letting everyone down.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 11:54:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Don't let it bring you down. Fix it. Figure out why you failed it, get help, even if it means talking to four different tutors/profs.
Take it again, pass.
or, do a re-evaluation of what you've got going on...
The people who matter, the ones who really care? You're not letting them down... if they're close enough to you to see the work you're putting in and how bummed you are about failing they're not going to be let down...
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 11:56:30 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Don't let it bring you down. Fix it. Figure out why you failed it, get help, even if it means talking to four different tutors/profs.

Take it again, pass.

The people who matter, the ones who really care? You're not letting them down... if they're close enough to you to see the work you're putting in and how bummed you are about failing they're not going to be let down...
View Quote
I"m gonna buy the actual study guide that is interactive. And I'm getting a tutor.

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 3:12:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Check and see what the price of the strips are if your doctor writes you a prescription. It made a world of difference for me.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't think about that. That's a good idea.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 3:24:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I got 100 strips for $30 using my insurance. Would have been over $100 without insurance

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 3:38:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I"m gonna buy the actual study guide that is interactive. And I'm getting a tutor.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Take it again, pass.

You'll get it!  Hopefully getting the official study guide and a tutor will help explain the type of question/problem that you were having difficulty with, so you know what the test is wanting.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 4:25:50 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
You'll get it!  Hopefully getting the official study guide and a tutor will help explain the type of question/problem that you were having difficulty with, so you know what the test is wanting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Take it again, pass.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 4:26:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I got 100 strips for $30 using my insurance. Would have been over $100 without insurance  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can get 100 for $25 +tax, which is not bad. I don't know if insurance will help but it's worth a shot. There is a local pharmacy that has 50 test trips for $15, whereas WM has them for almost $37 or $38. HUGE price difference, so I am buying them from the local pharmacy.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 4:27:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Take it again, pass.

I agree. I know it will help.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 5:23:39 PM EDT
[#26]
so glad everyone is checking in here

i have done work with kids with behavioral problems for almost 20 years on and off--it can be exhausting, so i took a different position at my agency a year ago

i am the program assistant--i coordinate transportation, check paperwork and keep everyone organized

totally different from ANYTHING i have ever done and i am good at it, which is shocking to people who know me in my personal life, as organized is not a word usually used for me  

the last few weeks i was working with the kids again, as we had some staffing issues--it amazes me how happy i am to be back in my office, answering emails and crossing things off my to do list

looking forward to my nephews playing baseball Saturday am, hoping it doesnt rain

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 9:30:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Its Friday!!!
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 7:29:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Yes it is and it couldn't get here fast enough.  

Quoted:
Its Friday!!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 8:06:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Going to see Pitch Perfect 2. So excited.

Also bought this today.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 8:25:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Also bought this today.
<a href="http://s112.photobucket.com/user/BeautifulStranger_13/media/liam/bs2/DD0882D0-BC24-4A7B-986E-DB34294B297D_zpsx7imyhiy.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n196/BeautifulStranger_13/liam/bs2/DD0882D0-BC24-4A7B-986E-DB34294B297D_zpsx7imyhiy.jpg</a>
View Quote

Kimbers are beautiful things, but not my thing, pricewise or otherwise, really

Link Posted: 5/16/2015 9:30:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Pretty Kimber :)

Son's graduation party this afternoon at my house... woke up this morning with awesome headache & thunderstorms pretending to be end of world... lightening, big thunder, & mini rivers all the way from the back door into the garage where the shindig is s'posed to take place.
Want ready for today, but was SOOO ready... know what I mean?
will be hard seeing him go, but it's time for him to grow into the man he can be. I hope.

Link Posted: 5/16/2015 10:36:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Dryer bit the dust this morning. No warning.

We replaced the ac just last month!!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 2:26:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Clothesline until dryer replaced? Hate those surprise fund sucks...
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 2:52:09 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Clothesline until dryer replaced? Hate those surprise fund sucks...
View Quote
Gonna pick up line next time. I go to town. The rest of the clothes we will dry in town at the in laws

Link Posted: 5/16/2015 2:59:03 PM EDT
[#35]
nephew baseball this morning

9 year old team lost, 13 year old team won

good thing it was across town where my sister lives--i think it has rained here at my house all day
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 4:31:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Dc, I  know whthe you mean about the rain. We had flash flood warning for our area this past Sunday night and everyday since it has rained. My yard grows bc the sun will come out after lunch but it's too swampy to mow. My bestie is a behavioral analyst (Think that's the term) and her biggest gripe is coworkers, otherwise she loves her job. I think sometimes it's nice to have a different change of pace at work.

SPJ, I hate the unexpected expenses. Good luck. Btw, becauzy can help point you in the right direction to try to fix your dryer without hiring anyone.

Doc2b, ugh about the weather but congrats on your graduate!

Beautiful, pretty Kimber I used to shoot one every so often. Fun.

I'm pretty stressed out right now. Michael was informed that he is taking a 2 week furlough next month. Of course he has no vacation saved and we don't have squat in savings. He's telling me to not worry. HA. I'm stressing so much I'm in pain and can't hardly sleep. If I thought someone would buy it, I'd sell my hair. It will grow back.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 5:59:43 PM EDT
[#37]
I hadn't looked at this board in a while; nice to see the activity! Sounds like everyone's been leading busy lives. Katara, I feel you on the physical manifestations of stress. I respond that way too. Drives my husband crazy, because he's very much a "everything will work itself out, why worry" kind of guy. (Whereas I absolutely believe that I have a large degree of control over the way things will work out, if I analyze the situation and adjust accordingly). But, trying to predict the different paths the future can take and then deciding what course of action to take is stressful (at least to me).

Anyway, I actually did make it to the range yesterday and got to try out the S&W Shield in 9mm. I really like that gun! The trigger feels so much nicer than my S&W M&P 9mm. (I was actually a little mad at myself because I shot tighter groups with the rental than I did with my own pistol, bah!). I'm currently in research mode, looking for a more concealable pistol. Still have others to try before making a decision, but the Shield is currently the front runner.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 6:03:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 6:05:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I hadn't looked at this board in a while; nice to see the activity! Sounds like everyone's been leading busy lives. Katara, I feel you on the physical manifestations of stress. I respond that way too. Drives my husband crazy, because he's very much a "everything will work itself out, why worry" kind of guy. (Whereas I absolutely believe that I have a large degree of control over the way things will work out, if I analyze the situation and adjust accordingly). But, trying to predict the different paths the future can take and then deciding what course of action to take is stressful (at least to me).

Anyway, I actually did make it to the range yesterday and got to try out the S&W Shield in 9mm. I really like that gun! The trigger feels so much nicer than my S&W M&P 9mm. (I was actually a little mad at myself because I shot tighter groups with the rental than I did with my own pistol, bah!). I'm currently in research mode, looking for a more concealable pistol. Still have others to try before making a decision, but the Shield is currently the front runner.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend.
View Quote

im way out of the loop on new guns

tell me about the differences btw an M&P and a Shield?
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 8:31:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also bought this today.
<a href="http://s112.photobucket.com/user/BeautifulStranger_13/media/liam/bs2/DD0882D0-BC24-4A7B-986E-DB34294B297D_zpsx7imyhiy.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n196/BeautifulStranger_13/liam/bs2/DD0882D0-BC24-4A7B-986E-DB34294B297D_zpsx7imyhiy.jpg</a>

I wasn't really shopping around for a new 1911 but I've had problems with my Remington 1911 in the past and this was on sale. It was only around $700. Pretty cheap for any 1911. It shoots pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 9:20:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Biggest difference is size and capacity. The Shield has a height of 4.6", overall length 6.1" (barrel is 3.1"), and the width is only .95" - which doesn't seem that much smaller than the 1.2" width of my m&p9 on paper, but feels smaller in the hand. The weight doesn't look much less on paper either (19 oz unloaded for shield, 24oz for m&p9), but the difference is very noticeable. It felt very similar in hand to my m&p9, and has the same sights. Besides the size, the biggest difference I noticed was the trigger. The product specs says they are both have a trigger pull of 6.5lbs, but the shield is a much shorter pull and felt a lot lighter than 6.5lbs. It was a huge difference. Even my husband commented on it. (He guessed 4.5 lbs and was very surprised when we looked it up after getting home). Looks sort of like a mini m&p9. Very comfortable to shoot. I still want to look a the the s&w bodyguard, and a few smaller pistols, but am not sold on the idea of going to .380, so we'll see. That's one of the reasons I like going to the local range- pistol rentals are free on ladies night, so I can try different guns out before deciding on a new purchase.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 9:47:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Biggest difference is size and capacity. The Shield has a height of 4.6", overall length 6.1" (barrel is 3.1"), and the width is only .95" - which doesn't seem that much smaller than the 1.2" width of my m&p9 on paper, but feels smaller in the hand. The weight doesn't look much less on paper either (19 oz unloaded for shield, 24oz for m&p9), but the difference is very noticeable. It felt very similar in hand to my m&p9, and has the same sights. Besides the size, the biggest difference I noticed was the trigger. The product specs says they are both have a trigger pull of 6.5lbs, but the shield is a much shorter pull and felt a lot lighter than 6.5lbs. It was a huge difference. Even my husband commented on it. (He guessed 4.5 lbs and was very surprised when we looked it up after getting home). Looks sort of like a mini m&p9. Very comfortable to shoot. I still want to look a the the s&w bodyguard, and a few smaller pistols, but am not sold on the idea of going to .380, so we'll see. That's one of the reasons I like going to the local range- pistol rentals are free on ladies night, so I can try different guns out before deciding on a new purchase.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

interesting--thank you

will have to see if i can find one to play with
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 3:07:34 PM EDT
[#43]
I have both the full size and shield. Love both. But the full size is my favorite. It just feels so good in my hands.

Love at first shot lol
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 3:09:25 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Dc, I  know whthe you mean about the rain. We had flash flood warning for our area this past Sunday night and everyday since it has rained. My yard grows bc the sun will come out after lunch but it's too swampy to mow. My bestie is a behavioral analyst (Think that's the term) and her biggest gripe is coworkers, otherwise she loves her job. I think sometimes it's nice to have a different change of pace at work.

SPJ, I hate the unexpected expenses. Good luck. Btw, becauzy can help point you in the right direction to try to fix your dryer without hiring anyone.

I'm pretty stressed out right now. Michael was informed that he is taking a 2 week furlough next month. Of course he has no vacation saved and we don't have squat in savings. He's telling me to not worry. HA. I'm stressing so much I'm in pain and can't hardly sleep. If I thought someone would buy it, I'd sell my hair. It will grow back.
View Quote
Does that mean he is taking 2 weeks with no pay for the heck of it?

Link Posted: 5/17/2015 3:52:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Hello, all.  I've been very busy with work, although I usually go shooting at least every other week if not every week. I've been introducing a bunch of new folks to shooting, mostly women. Took the written test yesterday (passed with flying colors) so I could get my MAG40 certificate (Massad Ayoob Group). I took the 20 hour legal class and the 20 hour live fire portion five months apart last year.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 6:24:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, 99% of the plant is going on furlough. If you have vacation, that can be used during the furlough so you can have a paycheck. Michael, of course, has none.

We will make it but it's super stressful bc I was going to use June to help buy a second car seat and baby bed.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 6:37:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Everyone, I have the BEST MIL ever.

We went up to her place for a visit and before we left the house Michael tells me that his mom has a surprise for me. I thought it was something for the baby. Nope. It was a card with enough cash to get my .45 out of pawn. I was so moved, I bawled like a baby. She said that was my Mother's Day present from her- I could get my gun out of pawn and not have to worry about losing it, especially bc a payment would be due during the furlough next month.

I do not cry often but if I think about this unbelievably sweet gift from her, I could cry some more. It's a long story but my family no longer speaks to me. And to have family that I mean that much to, I don't even have the words to adequately convey how it makes me feel, except incredibly blessed.

This is such a HUGE worry off my shoulders, it's not even funny.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 6:45:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Everyone, I have the BEST MIL ever.

We went up to her place for a visit and before we left the house Michael tells me that his mom has a surprise for me. I thought it was something for the baby. Nope. It was a card with enough cash to get my .45 out of pawn. I was so moved, I bawled like a baby. She said that was my Mother's Day present from her- I could get my gun out of pawn and not have to worry about losing it, especially bc a payment would be due during the furlough next month.

I do not cry often but if I think about this unbelievably sweet gift from her, I could cry some more. It's a long story but my family no longer speaks to me. And to have family that I mean that much to, I don't even have the words to adequately convey how it makes me feel, except incredibly blessed.

This is such a HUGE worry off my shoulders, it's not even funny.
View Quote

glad to hear it!

hubby refuses to talk to my MIL or several other people in his family--its hard
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 6:54:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Also bought this today.
View Quote

*like*
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 6:55:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Female checing in because I like most of the other girls in this thread.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top