User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:51:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

well, technically, it's Tuesday.

Tonight I clean and pack the kitchen.

Tomorrow we hear on if our loan is approved.

Thursday and Friday we rent a truck and cram all our belongings into a storage unit.

Saturday and Sunday we clean, and settle into a hotel.

If we don't get approved, somewhere in all this, I will also be apartment hunting.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok so its Monday again. What do yall have going this week.

I have my interview tomorrow morning! Its about a 45 min dr. I don't wanna get my hopes up. But the person already started talking about what
I would be doing and pay.

Friday I get to join a gym when hub's gets his paycheck. $38/mth isn't bad. It has lots of stuff, a pool. And classes.

well, technically, it's Tuesday.

Tonight I clean and pack the kitchen.

Tomorrow we hear on if our loan is approved.

Thursday and Friday we rent a truck and cram all our belongings into a storage unit.

Saturday and Sunday we clean, and settle into a hotel.

If we don't get approved, somewhere in all this, I will also be apartment hunting.

Fingers and toes crossed for ya'll! Lots of positive thoughts sent your way.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:00:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Had my interview. If I have passing scores by June 22, I will be a teacher for a school district.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:10:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Had my interview. If I have passing scores by June 22, I will be a teacher for a school district.
View Quote

Woo!
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:26:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Awesome, good luck!  There's no way iI could be a teacher, helping raise my sisters kids (and, unfortunately, still raising them as adults) has created an incurable lack of patience .   I must be cursed.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:38:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Awesome, good luck!  There's no way iI could be a teacher, helping raise my sisters kids (and, unfortunately, still raising them as adults) has created an incurable lack of patience .   I must be cursed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The position is a new position/program the sped director is making. Its for the students who need that extra bit of help but not bad enough to warrant true special ed. Its 4-6 grades. And less than 10 students per period.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:04:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Whoohoo
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 10:02:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I wish we were neighbors. I'd have a ball with your hair
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm so terribly vain of my hair. I just touched up my ombre.
http://i.imgur.com/nRQwwSk.jpg

It's SO pretty. I would be vain too, if I could color my hair and do fun things with it.

I wish we were neighbors. I'd have a ball with your hair

That would be SO much fun!!! Someone to help me have the gumption to carry through with dyeing my hair a drastic color.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:59:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Got to talk to my sis in law on the phone this morning. I didn't know you could skype a phone
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:50:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The position is a new position/program the sped director is making. Its for the students who need that extra bit of help but not bad enough to warrant true special ed. Its 4-6 grades. And less than 10 students per period.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very cool! Sounds like a workable & uber likeable job!
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:08:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Off to Cola Warrior!!!

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:24:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Off to Cola Warrior!!!

View Quote
Come by and see me!!

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:00:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Good luck on your next interview, SPJ!

I'm not hungry. I haven't eaten since 8pmish last night (late supper b/c Michael picked up out of date beef while we were grocery shopping yesterday, UGH the smell, and i had to exchange it) and normally by now, I'd be raiding the fridge. Nope. Not even so much as a glass of water and no dehydration headache yet either. Eating when you are nit hungry and it seems like more of a bother than it's worth is not appealing to me. Of course, Michael keeps saying Feed my son, like he's gonna starve with me being fat.

One thing does sound good and thank god there are NONE in my house. I want a REALLY cold soda in a can. The slight metal taste to that soda sounds good. I don't keep soda in the house though b/c it's expensive and empty calories.

If I don't eat today, I am sure I will be hungry sometime tomorrow. I don't think it's a big deal but Michael acts like it is.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:40:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Just moved to Alaska from Colorado.  I suppose that's check-in worthy
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 6:53:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where in Alaska did you move?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:53:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm staying in Palmer atm while I house hunt.  Hopefully I'll find a place in Eagle River or Chugiak, if not, then I'll be in Anchorage.  

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:18:39 PM EDT
[#16]
teachers are special people--my sister just finished 19th year

we agree, we couldnt do the other's job--i wouldnt want 20-30 kids at a time and she doesnt want the behavior problems i work with

i think hubby and i may have the weekend off together, but i think we are going to end up catching up on sleep
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 1:42:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Got my driver's license swapped from WA to AZ today, after a lovely 3 hours at the DMV.  Step one down, towards someday being able to have a firearm

On the flip side, I just got my ER/hospital bill and am a bit freaked/horrified.  I've had a higher bill in the past, but even with the reduced cost they gave me for not having health insurance at the time (I have coverage NOW from my job, but two weeks ago I didn't).  Higher than both my student loans combined  Going to be calling them tomorrow to set up a payment plan.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 9:25:21 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Got my driver's license swapped from WA to AZ today, after a lovely 3 hours at the DMV.  Step one down, towards someday being able to have a firearm

On the flip side, I just got my ER/hospital bill and am a bit freaked/horrified.  I've had a higher bill in the past, but even with the reduced cost they gave me for not having health insurance at the time (I have coverage NOW from my job, but two weeks ago I didn't).  Higher than both my student loans combined  Going to be calling them tomorrow to set up a payment plan.
View Quote
TPayment plans are the norm. We are paying down a huge medical bill. I was hospitalized 5 times the month before Allie was born.

And the hubs had two ER visits between that.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 9:19:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Checkin in.
moved in, failed custody mediation done, passed call back mammo with flying colors, finishing up wedding plans & custody schedules.
wedding's the 14th, still need clothes for hubby to be, future MIL wants lots of input on the cake she's making, & ex is being nearly impossible to deal with setting up summer visitation schedule.
lucky for me, we're shooting USPSA sunday & going clothes shopping Saturday

Everyone have a good weekend & take care of yourselves!
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 5:59:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
TPayment plans are the norm. We are paying down a huge medical bill. I was hospitalized 5 times the month before Allie was born.    And the hubs had two ER visits between that.
I hear ya, the healthcare system and especially the healthcare insurance industry are systematically creating class based healthcare in America.  We are already at a point in our history where the gap between rich and poor is higher than it's ever been, surpassing even the days before monopoly were criminalized and worker rights were enacted.  It makes me crazy when Republicans say we don't need healthcare reform and the insurance system is just fine, they obviously haven't lived how most of America lives.  Even with insurance, very good insurance according to the billing department of the hospital, the fees not covered by insurance wiped me out financially following my last back surgery.  For over a year afterwards, I got bills from every obscure source you can imagine that were labeled "not reimbursed by insurance" and when I talked to the insurance company it was a list of excuses why they don't pay any of this and only a percentage of that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TPayment plans are the norm. We are paying down a huge medical bill. I was hospitalized 5 times the month before Allie was born.    And the hubs had two ER visits between that.
I hear ya, the healthcare system and especially the healthcare insurance industry are systematically creating class based healthcare in America.  We are already at a point in our history where the gap between rich and poor is higher than it's ever been, surpassing even the days before monopoly were criminalized and worker rights were enacted.  It makes me crazy when Republicans say we don't need healthcare reform and the insurance system is just fine, they obviously haven't lived how most of America lives.  Even with insurance, very good insurance according to the billing department of the hospital, the fees not covered by insurance wiped me out financially following my last back surgery.  For over a year afterwards, I got bills from every obscure source you can imagine that were labeled "not reimbursed by insurance" and when I talked to the insurance company it was a list of excuses why they don't pay any of this and only a percentage of that.

We should not live in a world where the vast majority of American's live one major injury or illness away from bankruptcy.  These health insurance companies spend big money paying off politicians to look the other way so they can screw Americans over and make huge profits off citizens without any fear of government interference.  It's way past time our representatives are held accountable and the health insurance industry forced to act responsibly and legally.

Rant over...every time that healthcare and insurance comes up, so does my blood pressure.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 7:52:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Have some fun plans for the weekend.  Gonna finally get in my pool after 2 years of not being able to use it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 10:56:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yay on the new drivers license! I finally did that a few months ago after being back in AZ for almost six months. Kept putting it off because of the dread of spending hours at the DMV as you described above. (It was beyond frustrating. Not just due to the long wait, but the person helping me could not figure out that my marriage license was the legal document linking the name on my birth certificate to the name on my last drivers license. Give me a break, it should not have been that hard.) Anyway, good for you for getting it done and taken care of. Luckily in AZ you don't actually have to go in to the DMV too often after getting your license.

Sorry to hear about the ER bill. Medical bills can be atrocious. Payment plans are definitely helpful. It's kinda crazy how expensive an ER visit can become.

Lets see, since I last checked in, I visited Yosemite (gorgeous! but rained most of the time we were there) and just have been working a lot since then. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 10:57:01 AM EDT
[#23]
once again, a lovely morning at the local USPSA shoot as the only female.... sigh...
a nice break from chaos, but would be REALLY nice to see another woman shooter here...
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 10:57:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Off to Cola Warrior!!!

View Quote

Yay! Cola Warrior women of the world, unite!
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 7:27:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

See if you can get a further reduction in the bill. It never hurts to ask.

Many years ago a major hospital here volunteered a 25% reduction right off the top. A few months ago we got a "remainder bill" after insurance for a device prescribed for my Wife after back surgery last Fall . . . it was the first bill we received for this and they offered a payment plan but then volunteered a 40+% reduction if I paid the whole thing then and there by credit card, so I jumped on that.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 11:32:01 AM EDT
[#26]
This weekend I took the math and writing part of the praxis. I past the math part but won't know the scores for the writing for another week or two. I'm so nervous. I'm not confident at all on how I did.

But, its ok. If I didn't pass I'll just re take  it. Again.

I haven't been able to think or do anything. I know have a one year's bday part to plan for saturday. My little girl is 1!!!

Link Posted: 6/8/2015 9:50:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This weekend I took the math and writing part of the praxis. I past the math part but won't know the scores for the writing for another week or two. I'm so nervous. I'm not confident at all on how I did.

But, its ok. If I didn't pass I'll just re take  it. Again.

I haven't been able to think or do anything. I know have a one year's bday part to plan for saturday. My little girl is 1!!!

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh214/AnnaKay86/a7320a1f-d3d5-4503-b2fd-e1bd45c34785_zpshndyjf2a.jpg
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh214/AnnaKay86/c9ac4359-3513-4021-8471-93db8a6f1907_zpsh9i0mzdb.jpg
View Quote

She's a beautiful little girl, you look like a happy mommy! Best of luck on the test scores! I'm a terrible worrier, I always think I did poorly on tests even if I knew the subject matter very well.  I remember taking my national registry exam for EMT and walking out several hours later convinced I failed terribly.  There was a 2-3 month wait for results and it was excruciating.  Each day I became less and less confident that I passed and by the time the results arrived I was convinced I had failed but when I opened the envelope I not only passed but passed with a very high score.  Long story short, try not to let it get to you, chances are you likely did better than you think you did and as you said, you can always retake it if need be.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 1:57:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Done with work today, waiting on ex to drop of daughter... next time i go to work it'll be as newlywed!  Very excited!!
been a long 3 months... very ready to head west & enjoys the Black Hills & a low key wedding
now if everything on my list will fit in the rental car with four of our kids & hubby to be, we'll have it made!
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 7:35:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Done with work today, waiting on ex to drop of daughter... next time i go to work it'll be as newlywed!  Very excited!!
been a long 3 months... very ready to head west & enjoys the Black Hills & a low key wedding
now if everything on my list will fit in the rental car with four of our kids & hubby to be, we'll have it made!
View Quote

hope it went well, doc--post pix!

last week of baseball season for the nephews--looks like the Wednesday game may get rained out, booo

took tomorrow off to go to a movie--they want to see Paddington and it's playing for a dollar, so we will do that then have lunch after

beach trip with the whole fam-dam-ily in a month  

hubby has been doing better about scheduling himself time off, so he is less stressy and tired
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 10:24:11 AM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 6/17/2015 6:17:14 PM EDT
[#31]

LOL, I was looking at the picture of the cake and thinking how great they looked and then I scrolled down to see the baby sitting there behind such a pretty cake with this "I've seen better" look on  her face and it cracked me up.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 3:15:14 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
LOL, I was looking at the picture of the cake and thinking how great they looked and then I scrolled down to see the baby sitting there behind such a pretty cake with this "I've seen better" look on  her face and it cracked me up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

She was so unimpressed. At the end she was covered in icing. Pissed off. and sleepy

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:48:25 PM EDT
[#33]
G'morning ladies,

I got to to go Sedona for the first time over the weekend, which was fun.  Really pretty, but dang a lot of the people in the various shops up there are snobby...

I have orientation and take my equipment home, for working from home on Thursday.  The ISP comes by on Friday and then I do my first shift at home!

Hope you all are doing well, and I cannot BELIEVE that your baby girl is already a year old, SPJ!
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:57:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Really bummed on my birthday.

We've been "not preventing" another pregnancy for 5 years now, so when my regular as clockwork period was late this month, we were all thinking that we had a little one on the way. However, this morning, bright and early, my period decided to grace me with her presence. Not pregnant. Happy birthday to me.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 1:02:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

We've been "not preventing" another pregnancy for 5 years now, so when my regular as clockwork period was late this month, we were all thinking that we had a little one on the way. However, this morning, bright and early, my period decided to grace me with her presence. Not pregnant. Happy birthday to me.
View Quote

Sorry to hear, Naamah
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 1:13:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Sorry to hear, Naamah
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry to hear, Naamah

Thanks. It took us almost that many years to get pregnant with our son, and now we're beginning to wonder if he'll ever have a brother or a sister. I'm not getting any younger, and the risk of birth defects is going to start going up soon.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 1:25:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Have you seen a fertility doctor? checked out everyone's plumbing?
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 1:54:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. I'm just difficult to knock up. We aren't planning on spending astronomical amounts of money to maybe have another kid. We figure the money could be better spent on the one we already have.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 2:01:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yep. I'm just difficult to knock up. We aren't planning on spending astronomical amounts of money to maybe have another kid. We figure the money could be better spent on the one we already have.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

sorry. I'd give you my parts if I could. Assuming they're any good
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 4:04:08 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm Twisted...been here a while but never posted to this thread.
I work as a statistician (so much for the GD thought that women suck at math) for one of the largest hospital systems in the Mid South.  I've been working here 15 years.
I've been single since 2003.  Had a close call with getting remarried a few years ago, but couldn't pull the trigger on it--in retrospect I'm glad I didn't.
I love to cook (own the BGE), I'm an admitted clean freak, love dachshunds, the smell of tuberose, jewelry, and have exhibitionist tendencies.  

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 4:04:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I work as a statistician (so much for the GD thought that women suck at math) for one of the largest hospital systems in the Mid South.  I've been working here 15 years.
I've been single since 2003.  Had a close call with getting remarried a few years ago, but couldn't pull the trigger on it--in retrospect I'm glad I didn't.
I love to cook (own the BGE), I'm an admitted clean freak, love dachshunds, the smell of tuberose, jewelry, and have exhibitionist tendencies.  

View Quote

Everyone, say hello to my life coach
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 4:05:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're going to make quite the exhibitionist.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:07:41 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sorry. Your little is so adorable too!

Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:09:47 AM EDT
[#44]
My testing saga continues. I have only the writing part left to pass. I might have a chance they could take my act scores.
I'm on a call back list with my department of education. They only call people back between 3-5. My problem is, my scores

are archived. It would be $50 just to place the order for my scores and they don't even know if they could find my file. My amazing

jr college I went to emailed me everything they have on file for scores. I'm going to beg the state department to take them that way.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Feel free to tell me to shut up if I'm way off base, but have you considered adoption?  Myself, my brother, and a cousin of mine were all adoptee kids
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 2:18:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Feel free to tell me to shut up if I'm way off base, but have you considered adoption?  Myself, my brother, and a cousin of mine were all adoptee kids
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry you got your visitor, i feel for you. I remember the giddy hope when i was late, & the quashed dream ferling of loss when it showed up.

My folks adopted me, & got prego a year later. Their good friends growing up adopted their first & had 4 more of their own.  The mind is a powerful, powerful thing.

Lots of good kids need a home... lots. And lots.

Keep tryin!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:36:24 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm PlaymoreMinds.
I'm the mother of the kid who's gonna stop Skynet.

I've been MIA lately, but I figured I'd check in.

And, long walks on the beach?

pffft.

I'm more about long, topless Jeep rides.

Boom.

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 2:03:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm PlaymoreMinds.I'm the mother of the kid who's gonna stop Skynet.

I've been MIA lately, but I figured I'd check in.

And, long walks on the beach?
pffft.

I'm more about long, topless Jeep rides.
Boom.

View Quote

I like topless rides.

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 5:57:48 PM EDT
[#49]
i am tired of the shrill posturing and politicizing on the network news  

i hate that i feel like i cant have my own beliefs and opinions without being considered a bigoted, backwards hatemonger, which im not

a Cincinnati police officer was shot on duty last Friday morning--his funeral was today  

but

my nephew's baseball team won the championship  

10 day vacation, with family, at the beach, in two weeks  

hubby's business has been very successful this spring and should continue into the summer  

"ev'ry little t'ing, gonna be alright"
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 7:31:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you. Yours is adorable too.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top