BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 9:34:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Female checing in because I like most of the other girls in this thread.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/17/2015 9:59:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Everyone, I have the BEST MIL ever.

We went up to her place for a visit and before we left the house Michael tells me that his mom has a surprise for me. I thought it was something for the baby. Nope. It was a card with enough cash to get my .45 out of pawn. I was so moved, I bawled like a baby. She said that was my Mother's Day present from her- I could get my gun out of pawn and not have to worry about losing it, especially bc a payment would be due during the furlough next month.

I do not cry often but if I think about this unbelievably sweet gift from her, I could cry some more. It's a long story but my family no longer speaks to me. And to have family that I mean that much to, I don't even have the words to adequately convey how it makes me feel, except incredibly blessed.

This is such a HUGE worry off my shoulders, it's not even funny.
View Quote

Your MIL sounds like a wonderful person. Sometimes when we're forced to cut out the people who are supposed to love and support us, we're lucky enough to find people to fill in the holes. or at least make them not feel so deep.

Hope your rough patch gets over soon... just hold on, one day at a time. Remember you have good folks like us cheering for you!!
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 10:43:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

We went up to her place for a visit and before we left the house Michael tells me that his mom has a surprise for me. I thought it was something for the baby. Nope. It was a card with enough cash to get my .45 out of pawn. I was so moved, I bawled like a baby. She said that was my Mother's Day present from her- I could get my gun out of pawn and not have to worry about losing it, especially bc a payment would be due during the furlough next month.

I do not cry often but if I think about this unbelievably sweet gift from her, I could cry some more. It's a long story but my family no longer speaks to me. And to have family that I mean that much to, I don't even have the words to adequately convey how it makes me feel, except incredibly blessed.

View Quote

Awesome news! I have an equally great mil. We are lucky.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 10:45:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Female checing in because I like most of the other girls in this thread.
View Quote
You know you love us

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 9:30:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Someone I know is checking on a possible job today. I won't know till after lunch. Sigh. I hate getting my hopes up
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 1:51:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh! Good luck!  

It'll happen if you keep at it

I should post pics of my fortune cookie says i have taped up at work...

Yours would say: Most people fail because they quit too soon."
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 1:56:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll figure out how to quote someday soon, girls... I promise!!

Meanwhile, we had snow flurries here this morning. waited ot out before i loaded graduation tables & chairs to take back.

Took in two leftover half-sheets of graduation cake to work... let THEM get fat!   Pretty sure i consumed almost an entire half-sheet myself over the past three days... ugh.

I wonder if packing & moving my house will burn off those calories or if i'm gonna have to run a few miles, too??

Hope everyone has a good week, ladies!
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 3:51:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Oh! Good luck!  

View Quote
Ok so my person wants to call my phone later. So maybe its good news? Surely if it was nothing she would just tell me over

fb messager like we always talk?
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 5:21:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ok so my person wants to call my phone later. So maybe its good news? Surely if it was nothing she would just tell me over   fb messager like we always talk?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh! Good luck!  

Ok so my person wants to call my phone later. So maybe its good news? Surely if it was nothing she would just tell me over   fb messager like we always talk?

hope for you its good news!

looking forward to tomorrow--all day at Kings Island with a friend i havent seen in 12+ years

he turned 40 at the beginning of the month and is a huge roller coaster fan, so hes treating himself to a tour of the parks he can drive to between where he lives (Orlando) and his hometown of Erie, PA

so happy to be a stop!  i havent ridden a coaster in ages--hubby doesnt like them, so he wont go
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 6:59:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Hopefully you will get some good news.

Quoted:
Someone I know is checking on a possible job today. I won't know till after lunch. Sigh. I hate getting my hopes up
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 9:02:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is awesome, you scored a great MIL.  Glad you got your gun out of jail
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 9:45:14 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So my person called me. There is a position that just came open. Its her position. Her and her family are moving back home.

Its a slim chance I'll be picked but at least I know to get my name in the pot of people they look at.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 2:07:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So my person called me. There is a position that just came open. Its her position. Her and her family are moving back home.    Its a slim chance I'll be picked but at least I know to get my name in the pot of people they look at.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

So my person called me. There is a position that just came open. Its her position. Her and her family are moving back home.    Its a slim chance I'll be picked but at least I know to get my name in the pot of people they look at.

I wish you much luck!!! Except that I have terrible luck, maybe sending it isn't a great idea.  When it shows up, feel free to send it back lol.  Seriously though, "good" luck to you!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 3:09:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I wish you much luck!!! Except that I have terrible luck, maybe sending it isn't a great idea.  When it shows up, feel free to send it back lol.  Seriously though, "good" luck to you!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hate that it costs money to apply to places. Everyone needs your transcript. That is $11 every time. To apply to a grad school is between $35-50

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 7:13:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Hopefully it will be money well spent once you get the job  

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 12:14:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Tomorrow night I'll be hugging Compass
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:49:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Wellp, got discharged from the hospital today...

5/18 in the evening my vision was blurring a little. 5/19 at work my vision started being really patchy and then severe pain. Left work early, caught a ride home, pain was so bad I couldn't stop vomiting. Left hand, arm, leg, and part of my face all were going numb. Gave up, and had a friend take me to the ER. CAT scan, contrast CAT scan, an MRI, and meeting with a neurologist later... No tumor, no aneurysm, but inflammation of veins.  Yay, I get hemiplegic migraines.  This is only the second one I've ever had.  Overall, with every migraine I've ever had, this was the worst pain of any of them. I'm at a higher risk for stroke. I can't take preventative medications that "most" people with migraine problems can. I cannot take hormone based birth control in the future. Once my health insurance kicks in with my job in June, I'm going to be going and seeing the neurologist to do further research into this.

Probably not going to be able to work tomorrow. Typing this up made my head start hurting pretty badly again.

Good news is, I DID get the promotion I was trying for at work.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 11:21:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

5/18 in the evening my vision was blurring a little. 5/19 at work my vision started being really patchy and then severe pain. Left work early, caught a ride home, pain was so bad I couldn't stop vomiting. Left hand, arm, leg, and part of my face all were going numb. Gave up, and had a friend take me to the ER. CAT scan, contrast CAT scan, an MRI, and meeting with a neurologist later... No tumor, no aneurysm, but inflammation of veins.  Yay, I get hemiplegic migraines.  This is only the second one I've ever had.  Overall, with every migraine I've ever had, this was the worst pain of any of them. I'm at a higher risk for stroke. I can't take preventative medications that "most" people with migraine problems can. I cannot take hormone based birth control in the future. Once my health insurance kicks in with my job in June, I'm going to be going and seeing the neurologist to do further research into this.

Probably not going to be able to work tomorrow. Typing this up made my head start hurting pretty badly again.

View Quote

ugh. Sorry you geT those ugly things... i get the "basic" migraine. Have since i was 3. Can control em better now, love my sumatitriptan.

Hope a new dr. can help you out!! GOod luck, keep us posted. Now go to bed!
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 3:40:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Woke to the sound of someone (i assumed it was my 8 yr old down the hall).  Went to comfort him, but sound stopped as soon as i got out of bed.
i checked on him & he's sound asleep. Not restless. Not whimpering. But SOUND asleep.
Shouldn't have watched that scary movie alone right before bed.
So now I'm Wide. Awake.  and a little bit freaked out.
in two nights i'll be able to wake my fiancee & share my nonsense, but it's just me & the dogs tonight.  
Damn overactive imagination!

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:58:03 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote
So glad you are ok!!! I was worried about you!

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:59:03 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Woke to the sound of someone (i assumed it was my 8 yr old down the hall).  Went to comfort him, but sound stopped as soon as i got out of bed.

i checked on him & he's sound asleep. Not restless. Not whimpering. But SOUND asleep.

Shouldn't have watched that scary movie alone right before bed.

So now I'm Wide. Awake.  and a little bit freaked out.

in two nights i'll be able to wake my fiancee & share my nonsense, but it's just me & the dogs tonight.  

Damn overactive imagination!

View Quote
Hubs wont let me watch scary movies. I end up muting the tv and fast forwarding the movie.

Eventually I give up and wikipedia what happens
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 6:19:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Glad your doing better, I get your average migraines occasionally but my sister gets them all the time.  Hers sound like what you described, she's required to go to the ER every time one starts where they start an IV full of pain meds, nausea meds and other stuff until it eases up.  I have no idea what they give her but I know she's done expiremental meds for migraine studies.  It's pretty horrible.

Congrats on the promotion!

Today I'm sitting around watching Top Gun, got 3 chickens in the smoker and about to make the potato salad.  I was up till 8 am getting the brine prepped, my fault for getting distracted by watching The Voice final 3 episodes I had recorded on the DVR...YAY Sawyer!!!!! I love that kid!  I am going to be one extremely sore puppy tomorrow .
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 8:35:30 PM EDT
[#23]
so, i have a doctor's appointment in the morning (routine stuff, no biggie)

have had to keep reminding myself, so i get up in the morning at the right time

what i didnt remember to remind myself, eat early

part of the stuff in the morning is a fasting blood sugar, so nothing to eat 12 hours before, or after 7pm.

i was waiting for hubby to get home to eat and forgot--so no sammich for me

i snacked on a leftover piece of pizza when i got home, so that was dinner
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 11:55:57 PM EDT
[#24]
The smoked chicken turned out amazing!!! I brined 3 big chickens using the same brine I use on my Thanksgiving and Christmas turkeys and it worked like a charm.  If you've never brined your chicken and turkey before cooking, you are missing out on the best bird you've ever tasted.  I did 3 chickens just because it's too much work to prepare the brine, brine the birds and then smoke them for just one.  The breast meat that normally ranges from dry to really dry on chickens and turkey will range from very moist to extremely juicy when you brine the birds first.  

Tonights chicken turned out extremely well, easily the best smoked chicken I've ever had.  The potato salad also turned out great but then it's hard to screw up potato salad.  We prefer a mustard based version so I use mayo for that creaminess and mustard for the predominant flavor.  Also add diced dill pickle, onion, pickle juice, dill weed, onion powder, garlic powder, Carolina style BBQ sauce (vinegar based), black pepper, bacon and Tony Chachere creole seasoning.  I normally add diced hard boiled egg but I was out of eggs.  All that, in the right proportions, makes an awesome southern potato salad.  We'll be eating chicken and potato salad for days lol.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:20:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Yall are making me hungry  
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:06:42 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm making myself go into work today in spite of still being light and motion sensitive.  I'm really hoping I can make it through the entire shift, because I cannot afford to miss work.  Hell, I couldn't afford the half day when I went to the ER/hospital, but.. I really can't afford two and a half, much less three and a half days gone.  My ribs and stomach are sore from throwing up so much the other day and my entire head is throbbing and feels like an eggshell with a crack that's about to go to pieces
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:33:27 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I'm making myself go into work today in spite of still being light and motion sensitive.  I'm really hoping I can make it through the entire shift, because I cannot afford to miss work.  Hell, I couldn't afford the half day when I went to the ER/hospital, but.. I really can't afford two and a half, much less three and a half days gone.  My ribs and stomach are sore from throwing up so much the other day and my entire head is throbbing and feels like an eggshell with a crack that's about to go to pieces
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:19:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ack!! Hope it all went well.  Hope you feel better soon!
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:26:34 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm still light sensitive, and being on a computer hurts.  One of the medications they gave me has resulted in a bunch of body aches too... so I'm basically spending most of my time laying down and hiding from light.  Whiiiich is driving me nuts.  I make a sucky invalid

Hope ya'll have a fantastic Memorial Day weekend
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 3:12:28 PM EDT
[#30]
I'll be walking my fish this holiday lol.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:59:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Faydreh, I hope you recover and feel better soon.

Brandi, walking your fish went right over my head.

If you have REALLY long hair, why do people tell you that you should cut if off even shorter than you are willing to go and to donate it? If I wanted shoulder length hair, I wouldn't grow it out. Not to mention, most of the organizations that take donated hair do not make wigs for boys. Yes, I know it is more socially acceptable for a male to be bald than a female but it doesn't mean they want to be. My older son can not stand haircuts. He never liked having short hair. -rant over-
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 5:32:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

If you have REALLY long hair, why do people tell you that you should cut if off even shorter than you are willing to go and to donate it? If I wanted shoulder length hair, I wouldn't grow it out. Not to mention, most of the organizations that take donated hair do not make wigs for boys. Yes, I know it is more socially acceptable for a male to be bald than a female but it doesn't mean they want to be. My older son can not stand haircuts. He never liked having short hair. -rant over-
View Quote

LOL, sorry, local humor due to the state flooding.  It's literally been raining like crazy for over a week.  Unfortunately, there have been several fatalities.  We've been in a drought for the last several years but this year is insane, it's raining like crazy right now.  There was a meme of guy walking a fish across a road, I'll see iif I can find it, it cracked me up.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:35:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If you have REALLY long hair, why do people tell you that you should cut if off even shorter than you are willing to go and to donate it? If I wanted shoulder length hair, I wouldn't grow it out.
View Quote

I've become convinced that people with short hair want everyone else to have short hair to validate their choice to have short hair. OK, not everyone with short hair is like this. I know better. But I seem to get nearly non-stop pressure to cut my hair short. And it's not like I have ugly hair! People will say, "I just love your hair! It's so long and pretty! Have you ever thought about cutting it all off?"

And lots of the ladies at work are always asking, "You haven't cut that off yet?" or "When are you planning on cutting it off?"

And when I say that I don't plan on cutting it off, the ask if it's for some religious reason. As though the only reason any woman would keep her hair long is because God told her she had to. Ummm, no. I just like my hair long, thanks.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:56:56 PM EDT
[#34]
So when ya gonna cut your hair?

I kid I kid

I rock the pixie cut

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:50:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

LOL, sorry, local humor due to the state flooding.  It's literally been raining like crazy for over a week.  Unfortunately, there have been several fatalities.  We've been in a drought for the last several years but this year is insane, it's raining like crazy right now.  There was a meme of guy walking a fish across a road, I'll see iif I can find it, it cracked me up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw that meme not long after I posted the walking your fish going over my head. I even laughed bc I realized that's what you meant.

Our yard is SO wet, we can't mow. Almost every day for 2-3 weeks we've had rain. In quite a few places in AR, some roads have been under water and the AR river is SO high in Dardanelle, locals are saying it hasn't been that high since the 80's. A lot of people who garden for their house/sell some at the farmers market are worried bc they can't plant yet, the seeds will be washed away or "drown".

I don't know what's going on with all this rain, but it's something else. I hope it gets better for your state soon.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:18:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I've become convinced that people with short hair want everyone else to have short hair to validate their choice to have short hair. OK, not everyone with short hair is like this. I know better. But I seem to get nearly non-stop pressure to cut my hair short. And it's not like I have ugly hair! People will say, "I just love your hair! It's so long and pretty! Have you ever thought about cutting it all off?"

And lots of the ladies at work are always asking, "You haven't cut that off yet?" or "When are you planning on cutting it off?"

And when I say that I don't plan on cutting it off, the ask if it's for some religious reason. As though the only reason any woman would keep her hair long is because God told her she had to. Ummm, no. I just like my hair long, thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you have REALLY long hair, why do people tell you that you should cut if off even shorter than you are willing to go and to donate it? If I wanted shoulder length hair, I wouldn't grow it out.

First off, I did get that A LOT when I worked at my previous job, which was at a hospital. One lady in the office I worked in had REALLY short hair and she kept talking me that having longhair made me look old, it would save me money on shampoo if I cut it (bitch please, I use motherfucking Suave; it's one of the cheapest shampoos out there), and supposedly you can style your hair SO many ways if it's not even 3" long.

WHY do they say that??? "Your hair is so pretty. Have you ever thought of cutting it off?" If it's so damn pretty, why in the f would I want to cut it?

Not to mention when people asked if I didn't cut my hair for religious reasons, I wanted to remind them that religion is SUPPOSED to be one of the topics you don't talk to your coworkers about, like politics, abortion, and how much you make an hour. I agree, I like my hair long. If anything, I suspect if I was an old fashioned Pentecost, I'd cut my hair short, just to show that I can be a good Christian woman, even with short hair. The length of your hair should not be anyone's business but your own.

SPJ, I had short hair before from selling it while I was married to my ex and I got SO sick of the You're so cute. Ummm, I'm in my mid20s, I don't want to be cute. jmho You on the other hand TOTALLY rock the pixie cut.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 1:21:35 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm so terribly vain of my hair. I just touched up my ombre.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:50:44 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/nRQwwSk.jpg
View Quote
Your hair looks so good with ombre

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 11:05:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's SO pretty. I would be vain too, if I could color my hair and do fun things with it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 11:15:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It's SO pretty. I would be vain too, if I could color my hair and do fun things with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wish we were neighbors. I'd have a ball with your hair
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 4:22:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Ok so its Monday again. What do yall have going this week.

I have my interview tomorrow morning! Its about a 45 min dr. I don't wanna get my hopes up. But the person already started talking about what

I would be doing and pay.

Friday I get to join a gym when hub's gets his paycheck. $38/mth isn't bad. It has lots of stuff, a pool. And classes.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 4:27:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I have my interview tomorrow morning! Its about a 45 min dr. I don't wanna get my hopes up. But the person already started talking about what

Friday I get to join a gym when hub's gets his paycheck. $38/mth isn't bad. It has lots of stuff, a pool. And classes.
View Quote

well, technically, it's Tuesday.

Tonight I clean and pack the kitchen.

Tomorrow we hear on if our loan is approved.

Thursday and Friday we rent a truck and cram all our belongings into a storage unit.

Saturday and Sunday we clean, and settle into a hotel.

If we don't get approved, somewhere in all this, I will also be apartment hunting.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 4:35:22 PM EDT
[#43]

I have sooooo much trouble with my hair, when I was younger it was strong and beautiful but now it's brittle and weak .  Looks great after I have it bleached/highlighted/cut but at $100+ it's just too expensive when you have no income.  I literally have not been to the hairdresser in almost 3 years.  I did find a leave-in serum that helps a lot but it's just a temporary fix, lasting a few days if I wash/condition and then spend the next 2-3 hours with my head wrapped in a towel.  It's incredibly frustrating.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 4:36:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Brandi, have you tried prenatal vitamins? Those are supposed to work wonders on hair.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 4:40:58 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Thursday and Friday we rent a truck and cram all our belongings into a storage unit.

If we don't get approved, somewhere in all this, I will also be apartment hunting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 4:41:30 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Brandi, have you tried prenatal vitamins? Those are supposed to work wonders on hair.
View Quote
This! And the conditioner you get when you dye your hair at home

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 5:59:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmm...I have not tried prenatal vitamins, I should explore this route.  Is there a specific brand of conditioner y'all recommend?
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 6:02:47 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Hmm...I have not tried prenatal vitamins, I should explore this route.  Is there a specific brand of conditioner y'all recommend?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can get them cheap. And if you have a walgreens card most of the time those suppliments are buy one get one free. And the walgreens cards doesnt cost anything. I just use what ever the cheap stuff is.

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 7:42:53 PM EDT
[#49]
i think it's important, since i work in an office in a professional capacity, to have something resembling a hairstyle

my hair is about shoulder length, cut so its easy to style in the morning and go--i am not a hair person

hubby, however, thinks i should grow it out past my butt  

it was down to the middle of my back when we got married, 16 years ago--i worked for myself, housecleaning, so it was up in a ponytail most of the time-it was not terribly attractive, as the curl is pulled out, because it's heavy, so it's just a frizzy mess  

all of you people in the rain zone, stay safe!
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:24:58 PM EDT
[#50]
hope the head is better (ivm not doing names today)

Laughing over hair convo. growing mine out after having it short. My man likes it long, as do i.

Survived graduation of my oldest, a few tears, but went ok. Still sad.

All moved in to my future hubby's house. Or garage, i guess. Most of my stuff is still in his garage... glad the move is done!

More planting this week, diagnostic mammo on the girls tomorrow (fingers crossed), custody mediation next week, wedding june 14th.

Makes me feel normal & not so twilight zone reading everyones checking in posts, keep em coming.

Everyone stay safe & take care!
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top