Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2015 1:09:55 PM EDT
I had a friend who has a friend that wanted private lessons.   I was asked to teach this person firearm safety and how to shoot.  Not an big problem but when this person showed up with his friend,  needless to say I was a little taken back.  His friend is an TG/CD.  Not an big deal but I have never work with an TG/CD before.  She want to carry as well,  but this my problem.  Where does she carry it?  Does she carry it like a woman or an man?  If an woman, then where?  She is 5 ft 9 inch.  Does like normal woman would but she said she mostly wear skirts and dresses.  I don't like women carrying in their purses, I like them on their person.

Any help would be welcome

Thank you very much
Bob
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 3:22:35 PM EDT
[#1]
She should carry like everyone else - with methods that are appropriate for her body type and manner of dress. Thigh carry sounds like a great option if she usually wears skirts and dresses. You don't need to overthink it just because of what she may or may not have between her legs.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 1:14:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Gender does not equal a blanket answer.

Give her lots of options and let her figure out what will work best for her.  And, give her the options that you may not like - because this is not about YOU, it is about her.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 11:55:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Shouldn't matter at all. Everyone, depending on body type, etc., prefers to carry 1-2 specific ways rather than others. It's just a matter of making that person aware of the different choices and letting them figure out what works for them.

That being said, here are some resources:

The Well Armed Woman website has a lot of videos on various holster types and carry methods (purse, etc). Same with The Cornered Cat website.

A book, Concealed Carry for Women by Gila Hayes, goes into a lot of detail on different carry methods, including the bra holsters. Lots of pictures.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 5:47:23 AM EDT
[#4]
After an few ideals to her, she pick two to try.  Thigh and bra holsters.  They seem to fit her and what she wearing and she should have them in a few days.  Thanks for the help.
Bob
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 1:54:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 8:02:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
After an few ideals to her, she pick two to try.  Thigh and bra holsters.  They seem to fit her and what she wearing and she should have them in a few days.  Thanks for the help.
Bob
View Quote

Those are the two carry methods that seem the most jinky to me but if they work for her.  My girls are on the large side and there's no way I'd want to carry a gun under there, talk about uncomfortable.  I've yet to see a thigh holster that is capable of securely holding a gun up without risk of it coming loose but then I doubt I've seen them all.  

I wear shorts 90% of the year (hey it's frickin hot here) so I have the same issues.  Fortunately (in a weird way) I'm pretty much homebound other than a couple times a month when I have a doctor appointment or other necessity, so I don't have to worry about it.  I tried carrying my Bond Girl Mini derringer in my shorts pocket around the house but those things are heavy and after a couple embarrassing moments I gave up on that idea lol.  At home I've settled for just having a handgun stashed in every corner of the house.  

Purse carry isn't my favorite method but sometimes it's the best option.  As long as it's secure and easy to access AND you are very vigilant about keeping control of your purse, it works.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top