Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2015 3:37:06 AM EDT
So, excuse the hair that hasn't been washed today, and hasn't been cut or trimmed in ages.

I know there isn't much to work with, but opinion.

Beard or no beard. This beard is a month for me, takes me a while. First pic with, second , about a minute after shaving. Also, ignore that I cannot get a decent pic, not photogenic, might be the subject.

So, beard or no beard.

And if burning persists, wash out eyes with clean water immediately.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 8:06:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Pics didn't load.

Link Posted: 2/20/2015 9:03:51 AM EDT
[#2]
keep the beard. it suits you well

and dont cut the hair either.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 9:53:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Really? I never used to have a beard so I'm not used to it.

The other thing is there are shaving pimples on my face that aren't usually there, my blade was dull and I'm bleeding from one of them. So figure without them.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 10:02:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The other thing is there are shaving pimples on my face that aren't usually there, my blade was dull and I'm bleeding from one of them. So figure without them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

wasnt even taking into account the shaving issues. nor am i beard crazy. i generally like clean shaven or just a little stubble on men.

the shape of your face and how your features sit look well balanced with your facial hair. frames your mouth nicely.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 10:52:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote
+1

Link Posted: 2/20/2015 5:55:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I vote no beard. Your face is better suited smooth.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#7]
no beard
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 1:45:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Tied two all.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 7:15:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Imo, keep the beard but cut the hair.

Jealous of the salt & pepper, though.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 7:47:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Beard. More masculine.

Anyone ever tell you you look like Tommy Flanagan?
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:41:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Beard. More masculine.

View Quote

Oh Lord no. You're the first. Have I gotten that ugly? I mean, I know it's bad, but geez. Thanks for the encouragement.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:53:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Too bad Sons of Anarchy is over... you could have been big.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:00:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Trim the hair and keep the beard.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:56:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I like the beard, but would like to see it neatened up a bit. No need to let it straggle all down your neck if you're keeping a shortish beard. Now if you're letting it grow long and luxurious, no need to shave the neck, but if it's a short and neat beard, then the neck needs manscaped.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 6:50:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Yes, keep the "trimmed neatly" beard, leave the hair.
If you go clean shaven, you'll need to cut the hair IMHO.

Adventurers, rascals, pirates & cowboys are SO much more interesting!
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 8:14:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Oh Lord no. You're the first. Have I gotten that ugly? I mean, I know it's bad, but geez. Thanks for the encouragement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Beard. More masculine.

He's so fucking hot.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:03:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Muttonchop it is.

Which would put me somewhere between here,

aaaaand here

Where will I land on the wheel of fuzz ?
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:05:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Muttonchop it is.

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HN.608015688534787401&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

aaaaand here

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_B1LlYh6iKqs/TQwcmByokxI/AAAAAAAAEJ0/iMYA7CCYJmM/s1600/lemmy-kilmister.jpg

View Quote

Ironically, I've had both haircuts, the Wolverine thing though, was waaaay back in the early 80s. It was a fad, and I since ran so far away from it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:48:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Muttonchop it is.

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HN.608015688534787401&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

aaaaand here

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_B1LlYh6iKqs/TQwcmByokxI/AAAAAAAAEJ0/iMYA7CCYJmM/s1600/lemmy-kilmister.jpg

View Quote

Either one is great.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 7:04:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Man, you do look like Tommy Flanagan. Only thing you're missing is the ol' glasgow smile. Let's hope you keep it that way, though.

As for mutton chops, I think they're awful. But...if you must, I'd go with the Wolverine. Do cut the hair, though.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 7:57:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Man, you do look like Tommy Flanagan. Only thing you're missing is the ol' glasgow smile. Let's hope you keep it that way, though.

As for mutton chops, I think they're awful. But...if you must, I'd go with the Wolverine. Do cut the hair, though.
View Quote

OK, do cut the hair. And, I don't think I can get a full Lemmy. lol
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 4:07:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know--I voted for the beard (because we all love a beard), but then I saw you rocking the no-beard-long-hair thing and I think I like that better.  You're right at the limit on the hair though--any longer would be weird.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 5:57:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I don't know--I voted for the beard (because we all love a beard), but then I saw you rocking the no-beard-long-hair thing and I think I like that better.  You're right at the limit on the hair though--any longer would be weird.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

With healthier hair a few years ago, it was down to the middle of my back then.

And short hair.

A really long time ago whren the earth was young.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 6:45:02 PM EDT
[#24]
I'd say grow the hair longer, keep the beard but trim it up with nice clean lines and not too long.

Or go with a short hair style with no facial hair.

Either would look great

Edit: definitely no mutton chops
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 7:04:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy172/pavlovwolf/Picture16.jpg

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy172/pavlovwolf/Picture13-1.jpg

And short hair.

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy172/pavlovwolf/scan0001.jpg

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy172/pavlovwolf/photobucket-10140-1398274720924_zps283a00b3.jpg

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy172/pavlovwolf/meandthefirstone.jpg

The girl in the bottom picture has AWESOME 80's hair!!  *cue "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"*
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 11:57:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The girl in the bottom picture has AWESOME 80's hair!!  *cue "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"*
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy172/pavlovwolf/Picture16.jpg

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy172/pavlovwolf/Picture13-1.jpg

And short hair.

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy172/pavlovwolf/scan0001.jpg

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy172/pavlovwolf/photobucket-10140-1398274720924_zps283a00b3.jpg

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy172/pavlovwolf/meandthefirstone.jpg

I think this was around 1991. I was 25 then, she was 20. That was a year before we got married. She was / is a beautiful girl, nothing has really changed with her. Well, other than not being married to me. She was really dressed down there. Normally she wore the Kelly Bundy / MTV Rock band video vixen stuff. It worked for her, plus I was always in a gigging band back then so she fit in. Not sure if I did, I wore some strange clothes.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 12:13:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Mutton chop project aborted. I shaved it wrong, cut the little piece that connects the beard to the mustache, so it looked really stupid, plus it needed to be trimmed a bit. I suck at that. Never had a beard before.

so, even though a failure, here's a few for giggles and stuff.

Link Posted: 3/21/2015 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Mutton chop project aborted. I shaved it wrong, cut the little piece that connects the beard to the mustache, so it looked really stupid, plus it needed to be trimmed a bit. I suck at that. Never had a beard before.

so, even though a failure, here's a few for giggles and stuff.

Link Posted: 4/15/2015 5:39:43 PM EDT
[#29]

Yeah, that needs to go LOL.   Not a fan of the soul patch either, worked for Matthew Quigley, sort of, but I'm not a fan.  Perhaps a clean sweep is needed.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 9:04:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yeah, that needs to go LOL.   Not a fan of the soul patch either, worked for Matthew Quigley, sort of, but I'm not a fan.  Perhaps a clean sweep is needed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Oh, I shaved that mess off right after the photos. I figured since I went to the trouble I'd at least give you ladies a laugh at my expense.  I have found that I suck at trimming a beard. I grew one back, and have trimmed the neck up and left the rest alone, but it's just not all that comfortable.

I'll most likely shave it off in the morning, or later tonight.

I guess I might have to go get one of those Don Johnson wanna be electrics that is adjustable, so I can keep a little shadow all the time to add some depth.

If you remember the 80s, there was actually a Don Johnson shaving set that did that. lol

Now I have to figure what to do with the hair. I'm thinking something like this.

ETA, I actually had that look for a while in the 80s, looked decent on me and I was comfortable with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top