Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/3/2015 11:32:17 AM EDT
It's so good to know the men have so much respect towards female political allies. Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, don't it?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1714211_Kristi_Noem__SD_Congresswoman___Hot_or_Not_.html&page=2
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 11:48:31 AM EDT
[#1]
There are quite a few boys, punkasses, and basement dwellers here.

Sorry you ladies see it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 11:48:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I really don't know why I'm still here. Everyone  is protected except women.

We are bashed and made fun of. We are too skinny, we are too fat. We are crazy gold diggers.

Single mom's are the devil and don't deserve happiness.

We are too old. We are too young. We will never make anyone happy.

I think I summed up this site.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 12:46:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 1:03:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Not sure why that thread surprises anyone; GD is like the cantina scene in Stars Wars, only not as civilized.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 1:03:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't know why any of you stay/participate here, honestly, the way some of you are treated and talked about (both in general and in particular).

At times I think I would really love to have my own wife (well educated, conservative, CCWs daily, hunts, etc.) active here as she should fit in well and contribute... at other times, I'm painfully reminded of why I really don't want her here.

I love this site and it has a great sense of community in many ways, but on this subject (as in several others) there is a very vocal minority that paints the membership as a whole in a very bad light.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I really don't know why I'm still here...

I don't know why any of you stay/participate here, honestly, the way some of you are treated and talked about (both in general and in particular).

At times I think I would really love to have my own wife (well educated, conservative, CCWs daily, hunts, etc.) active here as she should fit in well and contribute... at other times, I'm painfully reminded of why I really don't want her here.

I love this site and it has a great sense of community in many ways, but on this subject (as in several others) there is a very vocal minority that paints the membership as a whole in a very bad light.

We have some wonderful ladies here.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 1:04:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Not sure why that thread surprises anyone; GD is like the cantina scene in Stars Wars, only not as civilized.  
View Quote
It doesn't surprise.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 1:11:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:13:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got an odd sense of humor, a relatively thick skin, and stay away from the weirdos and the nonsense, for the most part. I'm not afraid to tell anyone off if they get on my case.

I will say, though, that a local (statewide) gun forum has been much more civilized, as a whole.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:19:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

We are bashed and made fun of. We are too skinny, we are too fat. We are crazy gold diggers.

View Quote

I would like to apologize for the ding dongs of which you speak.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:23:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Cause they can't act this way with their own wife's!
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:28:02 PM EDT
[#11]
eh, ive done my fair share of poking fun at people who probably dont deserve it. if i cant take it, i definately shouldnt dish it.

i stick around because i do enjoy firearms and shooting sports.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:35:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I believe every grouping of people here gets themselves bashed pretty regularly.  I'm not able to think of more than a few contrary examples.

This isn't to lower the discussion to "just grow a thicker skin" - that's a non-answer.  

But I would ask, which is better, open discussion where people are free to stick their foot in their mouth, or the kind of censorship needed to prevent it?
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 11:00:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Nobody is forcing anyone to go to GD. If you don't like something you're not obligated to participate. GD is the ONE place in this entire website where the rules permit the banter that you're referring to. There are hundreds maybe thousands of members online at any given time here. Most behave in a manner you'd approve of. Either grow thicker skin about it or don't participate. Honestly I can't figure out why you'd click on that thread you linked anyways. Unless it was just so see how caveman-like men can be.

ETA: Word of caution: Do yourself a favor and don't archive search for Sarah Palin threads.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 11:22:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think if more of the ladies got involved it would tune down some of the mouth breathers and class things up a little. Ladies, please go for it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 11:43:43 PM EDT
[#15]
I spend a lot of time in Team. The kind of GD hoohah is not tolerated there.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 12:02:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
...But I would ask, which is better, open discussion where people are free to stick their foot in their mouth, or the kind of censorship needed to prevent it?
View Quote

Open discussion indeed, is the hoped for result of GD. Instead, it turns into an orgy of mindless drivel drooled out of the mouths of pigs. When the OP posted hot or not, I was kind of hoping to see a summary of the woman in question's accomplishments in the legislature. A capability for critical thinking and action is probably the most attractive trait to be found in any male or female.To be fair, one person did reference Congresswoman Noem's involvement in public discourse after Sandy Hook, a marked contrast to the silence of another elected official (Thune).

The rest of the conversation devolved into the sloppy weakness exhibited by every feeble-minded male faced with the unattainable. You can imagine my disappointment in respondents. It is predictable and pathetic. The last time I enjoyed a thread of this nature was the original neckbeard thread with pregnant waitresses and male entitlement rage...then, it was with a pleasant sense of shock and surprise that GD turned on that thread's OP. THAT was worth the read.

I am not an advocate of censorship except as it relates to self-control.

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 6:52:42 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't go into GD, it's chock full of @**holes that believe it's their own personal boys club.  There's plenty of decent guys too but it's the others that make it so bad.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 7:24:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
When the OP posted hot or not, I was kind of hoping to see a summary of the woman in question's accomplishments in the legislature. A capability for critical thinking and action is probably the most attractive trait to be found in any male or female.
View Quote

You opened a "hot or not" thread in GD hoping to find " a summary of the woman in question's accomplishments in the legislature"?  Really?  
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 7:27:32 AM EDT
[#19]
I am glad you are all here and as a guy, I too am annoyed by much of the BS in GD.  I've seen the BS posted about all sorts of issues, from race to sex to age to the type of car you drive and so on. I believe people should have the freedom to live, think and speak as they choose, but I also wish several of those who post in GD would do so over at DU as there commentary casts a poor light on the community here and I truly question what the real motives are behind such posts.

As such, I generally stick to Team, where the signal to noise ratio improves.  The threads for folks like Jeff, FatalWishes, remind me that the majority of members here are great people.

Wes
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 7:37:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You opened a "hot or not" thread in GD hoping to find " a summary of the woman in question's accomplishments in the legislature"?  Really?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When the OP posted hot or not, I was kind of hoping to see a summary of the woman in question's accomplishments in the legislature. A capability for critical thinking and action is probably the most attractive trait to be found in any male or female.

Lottery tickets have better odds.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 7:53:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

I know exactly why you're still here. There's no where else in the world where you can come and watch barely-literate dullards call Stephen Hawking a moron without a trace of irony. At some deep level, everyone loves a 'tard fight. Admit it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:53:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I know exactly why you're still here. There's no where else in the world where you can come and watch barely-literate dullards call Stephen Hawking a moron without a trace of irony. At some deep level, everyone loves a 'tard fight. Admit it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Teeheeeheee. You got me. ;)
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:54:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm an optimist at heart.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:58:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't lump us all together, there are a few good guys hanging around here.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 11:01:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Most of the people in GD are nerds who still live with mom and surf copblock all day.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 11:45:00 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm only still here cause I found my bff's. Snaps, XCR, and Compass

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 12:51:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aah, so sorry, I must've missed that halo the first time around...

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 3:38:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/6/2015 7:03:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It's so good to know the men have so much respect towards female political allies. Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, don't it?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1714211_Kristi_Noem__SD_Congresswoman___Hot_or_Not_.html&page=2
View Quote

Take notes the next time there's a "What ARFCOM member do you most respect" thread.  Then bounce that list off the one of the guys who made junior-high-school-boy's-locker-room comments about Noem.  Highly instructive.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 7:11:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I don't go into GD, it's chock full of @**holes that believe it's their own personal boys club.  There's plenty of decent guys too but it's the others that make it so bad.
View Quote

As a woman who has, through conscious choice, spent her life in the company of men - good, decent, competent men -  the bolded is precisely why I do go there.  Much fun to be had in Guys' Drama.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 12:32:41 PM EDT
[#31]
I agree with Jane. Men drama is highly entertaining and amusing.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 10:27:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
We are bashed and made fun of. We are too skinny, we are too fat. We are crazy gold diggers. Single mom's are the devil and don't deserve happiness.
View Quote

Nailed it!

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 10:29:43 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

We are bashed and made fun of. We are too skinny, we are too fat. We are crazy gold diggers. Single mom's are the devil and don't deserve happiness.

View Quote

Not all of us think that way
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 10:37:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
At some deep level, everyone loves a 'tard fight. Admit it.
View Quote

Thank you

lol
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 1:59:19 PM EDT
[#35]

Guess this is why I was warned not to venture into the GD.  Mouth breathers.  

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 2:02:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1715587_Fat_women_are_not_curvy.html

View Quote

Many of them aren't getting laid and it's making them angry.

And I doubt 80% of them are the chiseled gods they pretend to be.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 2:04:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

You have your own forum here and specific rules to protect you in it.

Do we need to add a tampon avatar to the females on the site so we can know how to treat them in GD?

More than half of you I didn't even realize were women.

Up till now I thought Db8 was a dude.

Lumpy's always been transgendered in my mind though.

TRG
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 2:15:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya think?  
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 2:29:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've seen Christians say that on the site.

I've seen fat people say that.

I'm pretty sure a Mormon or two has said that.

I've seen smokers say that.

I've seen people claim that Muslims are a protected class, yet I've seen Muslims get themselves banned from the site on at least one occasion.

Etc., etc.

For almost every woman hating Neanderthal there's a leg-humper on the site as well.  In fact, I believe that we've had a female arfcommer or two leave the site because the leg humpers became too overwhelming.  We've even had clubs of "minions" for particular female site members.  So obviously women aren't as persecuted and downtrodden on the site as it might appear at a glance of a "hot or not" thread.

I am sad, however, that some arf-women who I really appreciated have left the site or otherwise don't post nearly as often anymore.  PlaymoreMinds, DaisyWench, Psyops4Fun, and Bedhead come to mind.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 2:29:58 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I've seen people claim that Muslims are a protected class, yet I've seen Muslims get themselves banned from the site on at least one occasion.

Etc., etc.

For almost every woman hating Neanderthal there's a leg-humper on the site as well.  In fact, I believe that we've had a female arfcommer or two leave the site because the leg humpers became too overwhelming.  We've even had clubs of "minions" for particular female site members.  So obviously women aren't as persecuted and downtrodden on the site as it might appear at a glance of a "hot or not" thread.

I am sad, however, that some arf-women who I really appreciated have left the site or otherwise don't post nearly as often anymore.  PlaymoreMinds, DaisyWench, Psyops4Fun, and Bedhead come to mind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Etc., etc.

GabbasaurusRex
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 4:00:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

GabbasaurusRex
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Etc., etc.

GabbasaurusRex

Oh yeah!  Gabby!  Her storytelling abilities were remarkable.

And whatever became of Jen the "Rock Bitch"?
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 6:32:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Do we need to add a tampon avatar to the females on the site so we can know how to treat them in GD?

TRG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRG

I don't think SPJ was using "we" to refer to the female members, rather to women in general.  As a group, I don't think the ARFettes are treated any differently than the men, but one can post things about women as a gender that wouldn't be tolerated for any other group, with the possible exception of homosexuals.

Disagree?  "Bitches be crazy" is a shibboleth in GD.  Make a habit of posting "N_____s be lazy" and see how long you remain a member.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 9:23:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I don't think SPJ was using "we" to refer to the female members, rather to women in general.  As a group, I don't think the ARFettes are treated any differently than the men, but one can post things about women as a gender that wouldn't be tolerated for any other group, with the possible exception of homosexuals.

Disagree?  "Bitches be crazy" is a shibboleth in GD.  Make a habit of posting "N_____s be lazy" and see how long you remain a member.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRG

Puhlease...

Try being a white male these days.   Find something that they are not blamed, castigated, pilloried and parodied about.

The War on White Males ... not as kitschy or catchy, you know?

I'm just thankful I'm black.

TRG
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 9:49:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Puhlease...

Try being a white male these days.   Find something that they are not blamed, castigated, pilloried and parodied about.

TRG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRG

Puhlease...

TRG

Oh, I agree absolutely: white males are contemporary western society's whipping boys which is why you'll seldom if ever see me criticize them, and, when I do, it's usually for putting up with that shit.

But this thread isn't about how white males are viewed by contemporary western society, rather how women are viewed by GD.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 10:08:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People lie on the internet?

It's like this:  Guns are mostly owned by men, therefore a gun forum will be mostly male.  Get a bunch of red-blooded men together, especially in the context of being mostly anonymous, and we're going to say some crude stuff about women.  Some of the stuff is real, but a lot of it is hyperbole because we're with guys.  Generally speaking, we act differently in real life because women smell nice.

GD isn't really a place for thin-skinned people, male or female.  Honestly, SPJ seems like a nice lady but if she's so sensitive about degenerate posters then perhaps sticking to Team, state forums, or the technical forums would be better.  Arfcom is full of great people.

JMHO

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 10:15:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Etc., etc.

GabbasaurusRex

i think PMM told me that Jen had gotten married, moved, had babies, and is currently living happy ever after
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 10:18:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Oh, I agree absolutely: white males are contemporary western society's whipping boys which is why you'll seldom if ever see me criticize them, and, when I do, it's usually for putting up with that shit.

But this thread isn't about how white males are viewed by contemporary western society, rather how women are viewed by GD.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Puhlease...

TRG

Even in GD, no woman has ever been attacked, mocked, chastised or otherwise degraded for making a sandwich and doing the dishes.

True. Story.

TRG
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 10:22:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It's like this:  Guns are mostly owned by men, therefore a gun forum will be mostly male.  Get a bunch of red-blooded men together, especially in the context of being mostly anonymous, and we're going to say some crude stuff about women.  Some of the stuff is real, but a lot of it is hyperbole because we're with guys.  Generally speaking, we act differently in real life because women smell nice.

GD isn't really a place for thin-skinned people, male or female.  Honestly, SPJ seems like a nice lady but if she's so sensitive about degenerate posters then perhaps sticking to Team, state forums, or the technical forums would be better. Arfcom is full of great people.

JMHO
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

GD isn't really a place for thin-skinned people, male or female.  Honestly, SPJ seems like a nice lady but if she's so sensitive about degenerate posters then perhaps sticking to Team, state forums, or the technical forums would be better. Arfcom is full of great people.

JMHO

Generally, she does.  That's why thread isn't in GD.  It's in Women Shooters.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 10:26:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Even in GD, no woman has ever been attacked, mocked, chastised or otherwise degraded for making a sandwich and doing the dishes.

True. Story.

TRG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Puhlease...

TRG

True. Story.

TRG

Like I said ...
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 10:35:51 PM EDT
[#50]
It doesn't get much better, and there are some women that degrade others. Lot's of men either just have no class, or are too afraid of being labeled a white knight any time a woman is defended for any reason. Some of the guys here are bigger bitches than any real bitch of a woman I've ever met.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1716502_Extremely_anorexic_woman_at_the_Grammy_s.html
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top