Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2015 2:57:10 AM EDT
So I bought my wife a M&P compact for Christmas. She loves it. It's her first HER gun, she has an AR but half (lower) is mine. Anyways, she has her own electronic ear pro, glasses. I figured for our anniversary I'll get her an outfitted range bag. Pink pistol Lula (so she stops stealing mine), her own cleaning kit, own tools (punch and screwdriver), etc.

Looking for a range bag to fit her. I don't want a gaudy blaze pink bag, but something more unique than a black one.

I really like Off Hand Gear's NORB, it seems "her", but I'm worried it may be too small. Any other suggestions? My only requirement is that it be US made.

NORB:

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 10:33:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Hmm, I actually went with a black one which I love, from Maxpedition.

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/COMPACT-RANGE-BAG-4p1583.htm

They have it in tan? I've never been one for the pretty when it comes to my guns though. I'm likely the odd lady out on that front. Hehe

Good luck!

--Krystal
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:38:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought my wife a rifle bag from these people Cody Range Bags. It doesn't offer a lot of protection for the rifle but is well made, and she likes the style. I haven't seen their range bags, but I will re-iterate that the rifle bag was well made.

ETA Not sure if they are USA made
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:33:01 PM EDT
[#3]
About a year ago I saw a lady at the range who re-purposed a diaper bag for her range bag.  I only noticed because it was the same one my wife used.  Other ladies were chcking the bag out closely, which seems to be a mark of success in women's tiers.  It seemed like a practical idea - lots of pockets, washable, reasonably secure, able to tote reasonable weight, and stealthy as far as range bags go.

It looked like this:

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:24:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Friend of mine has the Norb. LOVES it. I'm getting mine tomorrow, as a very late Christmas gift.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 11:26:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's the NORB and how much stuff it can hold.

I packed it for tomorrow's range trip and then pulled everything out for reference:

M&P 9 FS
2 mags for 9FS
2 mags for Shield 9 (my EDC, which I carry into range)
Electronic ear pro
Ear plugs (on orange string)
Eye pro
200 rounds ammo (2 WWB value packs)
UpLula
Ball cap
Rag to wipe down guns when finished shooting

I would have still been able to fit my Shield in it. My wallet and my phone will go in the organizer pockets. It's not very heavy and much easier to carry around than my Midway USA "compact" range bag (which is still large)
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 4:36:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
About a year ago I saw a lady at the range who re-purposed a diaper bag for her range bag. I only noticed because it was the same one my wife used. Other ladies were chcking the bag out closely, which seems to be a mark of success in women's tiers. It seemed like a practical idea - lots of pockets, washable, reasonably secure, able to tote reasonable weight, and stealthy as far as range bags go.

It looked like this:
View Quote

This is brilliant!  I don't have a baby, therefore no re-purposeable diaper bag, but I may have to amazon one of these things.  Anyone have a baby I can borrow for some spit up to maybe splatter it with? It'll be like "suburban camouflage."  This is marketable.  Standby for patents.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 4:38:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
About a year ago I saw a lady at the range who re-purposed a diaper bag for her range bag.  I only noticed because it was the same one my wife used.  Other ladies were chcking the bag out closely, which seems to be a mark of success in women's tiers.  It seemed like a practical idea - lots of pockets, washable, reasonably secure, able to tote reasonable weight, and stealthy as far as range bags go.

It looked like this:

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj517/OSRoxy/17b8a50b.jpg
View Quote

This is brilliant!  I don't have a baby, therefore no re-purposeable diaper bag, but I may have to amazon one of these things.  Anyone have a baby I can borrow for some spit up to maybe splatter it with? It'll be like "suburban camouflage."  This is marketable.  Standby for patents.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top