Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2015 5:56:31 PM EDT
Hello ladies.  My wife has been coming along shooting with me more and more lately and I'm interested in getting her some shooting/safety glasses.  I've got some cheapo's from Menards and some of the tinted wraparound Nemesis safety glasses that work fine for me, but she hates them.  If she wears her regular wire framed aviatorish sunglasses (that have no safety rating) they do not interfere with my Howard Leight ear pro that she has pretty much stolen from me, but the others bother her.

Have any of you got anything specific that works well for you?  Every time I see a kaboom thread I'm reminded of the things that could possibly happen and it scares the crap out of me.  I will try to get some of her specific complaints tonight regarding some of the eye pro she has tried in the past.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:42:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Call Ragsdale & Martin in Tyler Texas. Great glasses at great prices
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:56:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Call Ragsdale & Martin in Tyler Texas. Great glasses at great prices
View Quote

Off to Google search...

I asked last night and she said that she likes something with more of a wire frame so that she can "form" it to her head.  I probably should have noted in the OP that she wears contacts now, but will likely be getting LASIK before too long.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 4:52:50 PM EDT
[#3]
My wife and I have been looking for shooting glasses she likes for awhile and really it's been more of a compromise for her since most shooting glasses aren't really designed to be fashionable for women unfortunately.  I think if a company really set out to make a "female line" of safety glasses they'd do pretty well frankly, because there isn't a lot in terms of options out there right now.

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 7:54:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't really have a recommendation for a particular brand but you are definitely on the right track, quality shooting glasses are extremely important.  Since I wear corrective lenses I wear my normal seeing glasses but when I bought them I specifically made sure to get high quality polycarbonate lenses same as shooting glasses. I would prefer dedicated shooting glasses with corrective lenses but they are way too expensive on top of paying for standard seeing glasses.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top