Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2014 12:44:50 PM EDT
The wife turns 33 next month, we had our 9 year anniversary this week.  She's a mother of 3, stay-at-home, homeschooler, a wonderful mother, an awesome woman, and one hell of a wife.  I'm very happy with our sexual relationship; she has become more adventuresome as the years have gone by which is always nice.  The main thing holding her back is her confidence in that area.  So I wanted to get her a makeover and have her do a boudoir shoot.  In case you're not sure what that is, here's a [url=http://www.hauteboudoirphotography.com/lingerie/]link[/url ]to the gallery of the photographer I have in mind.  BEWARE: classy but not NSFW.

For the makeover I was going to hire someone to not only do her hair, makeup, etc., but also instruct her on how she can do it herself.  She always complains that she doesn't feel "done up" enough when we go out on dates.  I think she's gorgeous right out of bed in the morning, and tell her so, but I also want to empower her to get more done up if that's her desire.  I'm not even sure if these educational makeovers are a thing???  If not, they should be.  

So what are your thoughts on this?  Anyone had any experience with any of these things?  Can you offer suggestions/advice to her or me?  Am I going to offend her by offering this gift?

*Disclaimer: I know I will benefit in more ways than one from this gift and will not try to hide that fact.  It's a very expensive gift, so part of it is going to be a birthday present to myself is well.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:50:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless you are going to post up the photos on the BOTD, they are a waste.  Get her a spa and makeover deal and let her take her best friend for a girls day.  Then take her out to drinking, dinner, and dancing.

I have a set of those photos that I have probably looked at twice.  It just didn't make sense to me since I have the real thing every day.  Why would I want or need photos?  

If she needs confidence, buy her some titties.

Sorry for posting in the ladies forum.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:26:37 PM EDT
[#2]
You are going to difficult on this, Give her a day at a spa to get pampered, have her nails and hair done,  take the pics yourself... and post on BOTD, MrsWind got a big esteem boost from positive comments there. Glamour shots and picture places are rip offs, they want way too much money for what they do, and DIY are way more fun
BTW BOTD does not mean naked... there are many women posted there that are done tastefully and relatively covered
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:44:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I just don't see the shoot being a gift for her. Do the makeover and have some family pics made. Or add a spa day or huge shopping trip for makeup and clothes that make her feel good. Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:26:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The wife turns 33 next month, we had our 9 year anniversary this week.  She's a mother of 3, stay-at-home, homeschooler, a wonderful mother, an awesome woman, and one hell of a wife.  I'm very happy with our sexual relationship; she has become more adventuresome as the years have gone by which is always nice.  The main thing holding her back is her confidence in that area.  So I wanted to get her a makeover and have her do a boudoir shoot.  In case you're not sure what that is, here's a [url=http://www.hauteboudoirphotography.com/lingerie/]link[/url ]to the gallery of the photographer I have in mind.  BEWARE: classy but not NSFW.

For the makeover I was going to hire someone to not only do her hair, makeup, etc., but also instruct her on how she can do it herself.  She always complains that she doesn't feel "done up" enough when we go out on dates.  I think she's gorgeous right out of bed in the morning, and tell her so, but I also want to empower her to get more done up if that's her desire.  I'm not even sure if these educational makeovers are a thing???  If not, they should be.  

So what are your thoughts on this?  Anyone had any experience with any of these things?  Can you offer suggestions/advice to her or me?  Am I going to offend her by offering this gift?
*Disclaimer: I know I will benefit in more ways than one from this gift and will not try to hide that fact.  It's a very expensive gift, so part of it is going to be a birthday present to myself is well.  
View Quote

Your whole post about your wife made me smile, Chizult It's nice to see someone on here who really loves their wife (dang I've been looking at GD too much, lately )

You're looking for a MakeUp Artist, btw

I gotta kind of go with WildEarp on the waste thing re: the budoir photos

Umm - your wife does enjoy spa days right? (not all women do) ~ if she does - I second sending her along with a g/f - a lot of that stuff is more fun to do with a friend ...  

*I* personally wouldn't be offended if my husband gave me a gift of a session with a MakeUp Artist - especially if it's something complained about before (not feeling "done up enough", etc) ... Just tell her you'd like to really "treat her" for her birthday since she does so much for everyone else and it's her turn to get pampered for once. If it's in the budget, send her friend along with. (Check prices first - these things can get expensive - especially all day / for the weekend, etc - where you go). I think she'll probably love it

Since she's looking to build her confidence about something like that - that would be a really big treat and a lifelong valuable lesson. But you really do need to go to a good MU Artist - there are some out there that just aren't. That may take some online research and some flatfoot research by you - look at them - look at their face (bad makeup and crappy skin = no go, obviously). If it LOOKS like they wear A LOT of makeup? Put on with a trowel? Uhhh - some people like that kind of thing (yeah - believe it or not, man) -  

Link Posted: 11/10/2014 2:30:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Get her that class 3 she's always wanted....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top