to other women about guns!

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:10:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Gonna need a pic to prove you are in fact a woman

We have rules.

No pic and we'll have to assume you're............. Familiar
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:20:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Man - and I thought women would be different about that sort of thing - seriuosly, I don't even know if I have a picture of me, but I am me and I am female

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:23:53 PM EDT
[#3]
If you like Sig's your OK in my book.  Being a chick just earns a few brownie points around here... ETA - from us guys that wander into strange places.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:25:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Man - and I thought women would be different about that sort of thing - seriuosly, I don't even know if I have a picture of me, but I am me and I am female

View Quote

I'm not a woman

Thread popped up in active topics and I didn't notice the women shooter category.

Sorry ladies carry on I'm out!
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:32:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

If you like Sig's your OK in my book.  Being a chick just earns a few brownie points around here...
View Quote
You're OK in my book, too - so far ;o) I have to be honest - being a chick kind of scored me some brownie points with my husband, too ;o)

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:14:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Here in the women shooters forum, it's considered a technical forum and people have to behave according to tighter rules than in General Discussion, aka GD. The dude that asked you for pics was out of line, though he probably thought he was in GD since the threads that come up in Active Topics aren't separated by their forums. I've posted silliness in technical forums by mistake too.

Anywho, you don't need to provide anybody with pics.

I'm Snow, I'm a girl too. Welcome to Arf!
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:16:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You're OK in my book, too - so far ;o) I have to be honest - being a chick kind of scored me some brownie points with my husband, too ;o)

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you like Sig's your OK in my book.  Being a chick just earns a few brownie points around here...

I would hope so

Welcome and ignore the leg humpers
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:17:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Here in the women shooters forum, it's considered a technical forum and people have to behave according to tighter rules than in General Discussion, aka GD. The dude that asked you for pics was out of line, though he probably thought he was in GD since the threads that come up in Active Topics aren't separated by their forums. I've posted silliness in technical forums by mistake too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're not really A girl, you're kind of THE girl.   Scuse me while I scrape the brown off my nose....
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:17:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What Snow said! Welcome.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:21:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Hi Sig_Chick:

Looks like one of our lovely veteran women Snow has shown you the ropes and the man has already appolgized for
the boo-boo :) Welcome to Arfcom!!, this is a great website for anything gun related :)
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 1:02:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You're not really A girl, you're kind of THE girl.   Scuse me while I scrape the brown off my nose....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awww... I don't know what to say!

Panda hug!

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 1:39:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that was my bad. Assumed gd damn 13ers

Normally we are only bad where we're allowed to be!

I don't wanna be the jerk to give all us men here a bad name ( we each do it just fine on our own). When ya get a sec Sig log out and log back in. Welcome and my apologies again.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:16:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I don't wanna be the jerk to give all us men here a bad name ( we each do it just fine on our own). When ya get a sec Sig log out and log back in. Welcome and my apologies again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're ok for a 13er.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:50:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good on you.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:57:26 PM EDT
[#15]
just be careful for the first few days,..leg humpers will come out of the wood work,...bonus you may get a free paid membership tho
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:06:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
just be careful for the first few days,..leg humpers will come out of the wood work,...bonus you may get a free paid membership tho
View Quote

Seejay already took care of that.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Welcome! As you've seen, we get the occasional drive by from the less civilized of the species but it's usually by accident and they are generally gracious in their apologies.  It can get a bit slow in here but there are some good folks who fly in to nest occasionally.  

I think Sig Sauer is one of the few manufacturers that I've never owned or shot.  I gotta find someone with a Sig or two and get some trigger time.  I'm more of a Ruger/S&W/Beretta/Colt/STI/HK/Bond Arms/Walther/Winchester/Benelli/Alexander Arms girl
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 7:46:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

don;t mind me i'm a man and RIF is not my strong suit

I was just going off thread title in the active topics list

carry on
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 11:06:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Hello, Sig Chick! I am a chick, too - see username and avatar.

Now that you've got a team membership, I suggest you choose an avatar that makes it clear you're a girl.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:17:30 AM EDT
[#20]
LOL, yeah, I constantly have folks assume I'm a guy on here.  Why? I have no idea, I've yet to meet any guy named Brandi before but I think many guys on here just assume anyone on a gun forum is a guy....those are your Neanderthals. Most of the men I've gotten to know on this website are good guys though so, fortunately, it balances out on the side of most being good.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:18:30 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hi Snow and thanks for the welcome :o) ... No problem at all - I have a pretty good sense of humor so I don't take things too seriously :o)

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:23:54 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, I'll be darned ... It's quite alright, Seejay and that was not necessary at all, but thank you :o) Dang. Now I have to be nice to you ... at aleast a little ... ;o)  

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:29:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Well, I'll be darned ... It's quite alright, Seejay and that was not necessary at all, but thank you :o) Dang. Now I have to be nice to you ... at aleast a little ... ;o)  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A little is just fine

Take advantage of the team membership tho! You can learn A LOT here and it can be fun. I was worried you were never gonna get back on  

I wanna see that post count going up and up!
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:33:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Great_308, Marie, BlackOps, Beautiful, Brandi, MDW - thank you all for the very warm welcome! I appreciate it very much!

Brandi, I like to shoot all kinds, too ... Sig is my favorite, though ;o) And why on earth would they think "Brandi" is a guy??? That's just wrong -- in about 800 different ways.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:35:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Hello
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:38:12 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

A little is just fine

Take advantage of the team membership tho! You can learn A LOT here and it can be fun. I was worried you were never gonna get back on  
I wanna see that post count going up and up!
View Quote
That would've sucked hard, wouldn't it? ;o) Really, though - thank you again :o)

You may not want to see my post count going up that much - that means I have started talking - A LOT. And according to my husband that is time to just walk away ;o)

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:39:23 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Hello
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 1:12:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice save

Welcome to the site Sig.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 11:07:28 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Nice save
Welcome to the site Sig.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice save
Welcome to the site Sig.

He did alright, didn't he? ... And it was so generous of him, too ~ I *will* pay it forward, btw :o)

Thanks, Dash

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 5:50:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Welcome.  My wife loves my P228 but cant conceal it or wont really try LOL

Looking for a new smaller than her G26 gun now.  

Stick around its a lot of fun here.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:06:55 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Welcome.  My wife loves my P228 but cant conceal it or wont really try LOL

Looking for a new smaller than her G26 gun now.  

Stick around its a lot of fun here.
View Quote

Hey - if it doesn't fit in a purse ;o) (I'm kidding!)

938?

I will thanks ... :o)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top