Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2014 8:15:15 PM EDT

WHy out of all the disney princesses is Cinderella is so popular sleeping beauty LOOKS PRETTY MUCH THE Same but I have yet to meet a girl that likes sleeping beauty so whay cinderella what am I missing
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 8:45:24 PM EDT
[#1]
This answer fits. Stole it from HERE

Cinderella is the most popular because she's the most iconic. EVERYBODY knows her story because it may be the most popular fairytale of ALL TIME. Every country and culture has their own version of Cinderella. As the person above me said, Walt's favorite princess was Cinderella. That may have played a part in her popularity. Cinderella's story is simply the epitome of disney magic. It's just such an iconic fairytale.
View Quote

And

I think it has to do with the fact that Cinderella as a fairy tale is probably more popular and the Disney adaptation ended up being so refreshing and inspiring because she was actually a heroine of her own story while Snow was a little supressed and pushed to the background by her little friends that ended up being more well developed characters than her, but that's just my personal opinion and my reasoning.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 9:03:30 PM EDT
[#2]
whoops....womens shooter forum.....sorry ladies
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 9:08:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Cinderella is the most popular because she's the most iconic. EVERYBODY knows her story because it may be the most popular fairytale of ALL TIME. Every country and culture has their own version of Cinderella. As the person above me said, Walt's favorite princess was Cinderella. That may have played a part in her popularity. Cinderella's story is simply the epitome of disney magic. It's just such an iconic fairytale.

And

I think it has to do with the fact that Cinderella as a fairy tale is probably more popular and the Disney adaptation ended up being so refreshing and inspiring because she was actually a heroine of her own story while Snow was a little supressed and pushed to the background by her little friends that ended up being more well developed characters than her, but that's just my personal opinion and my reasoning.

shucks I learned something
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 11:18:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Cindy FTW
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 1:41:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't look at me. I like Merida.

Although my favorite 'old' disney heroine is probably Pocahontas. The real story is much more disappointing, but man, i loved that movie as a kid.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 7:55:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I love Disney! My all time favorite Disney Princess is Ariel!
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 8:31:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't look at me man.  Sleeping Beauty was my favorite Disney Fairy Tale for a long time. But, because I thought Maleficent was the cool.  She turns into a dragon at the end.  

Yes, there is something wrong with me.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I knew the princess thing was crap.

Except for Merida she kicks ass.

Edit to fix punctuation.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 10:12:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Ariel is my favorite too.

I think maybe the Cinderella story is popular because Cinderella is a victim of bullies who ends up shaming them in the end. The theme is pretty much "karma is a bitch"
It also plays into most girls' desire to be picked out of a crowd and seen as special and different than the rest.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:14:17 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Ariel is my favorite too.

I think maybe the Cinderella story is popular because Cinderella is a victim of bullies who ends up shaming them in the end. The theme is pretty much "karma is a bitch"
It also plays into most girls' desire to be picked out of a crowd and seen as special and different than the rest.
View Quote

Yep, that's why Cinderella is a better heroine; she has a crappy life, she acts to change it, show humility and thankfulness even when she has to leave the Ball just when it starts getting good.

I'd have to disagree with Ariel, though. Ariel did nothing but sneak around behind her father's back, defy his wishes and make a bad deal with a sea hag.
And when it failed her father, even after her mistreatment of him, comes to bail her out.  Very little honor or personal responsibility shown.  Even in the end her father uses his magic to give her legs and she gets the guy and leaves her father forever.  Sucks to be the Dad of that selfish little fish!
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:41:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I always figured Ariel had crabs.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 8:56:32 AM EDT
[#11]
I always preferred Sleeping Beauty. It is still my all-time favorite movie. Granted, I like the artwork for it more than the story. If I have to pick a Disney princess, I will take Merida FTW.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 10:20:12 PM EDT
[#12]
What about Jasmin from Aladdin? I thought she was the hotter babe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top