Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2014 9:53:55 PM EDT
I want to get.the wife a pair of prescription shooting glasses. She says the glasses have to look good and she wants a aviator style of glasses. I told her that I don't think they make any shooting glasses in that style. Is there anything out there for women that is somewhat similar to.an aviatior style of shooting glasses? Also what shooting glasses do you ladies run? Maybe she will see something she likes and will change her mind.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 6:47:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I wear my normal day to day glasses when shooting.  They have Transitions lenses that are the really strong polycarbonate lenses that are even stronger than most of the off the shelf shooting glasses sold.

I would suggest going back to where she got her glasses, they can probably find a style that would work for her and use the high strength lenses.  That's all I can think of.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 7:43:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Wiley X can do prescription for some of their ballistic lenses
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:03:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Oakely has good looking prescription glasses in their .mil purchase program. Prices are good.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 9:02:56 AM EDT
[#4]
yes,Also what shooting glasses do you ladies run? Maybe she will see something she likes and will change her mind. thanks
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 9:05:59 AM EDT
[#5]
The wife unit has taken a look at all the Oakley and wileyx glasses both men's and women's and doesn't like the designs. Any other ideas would be good. Pics/links  of glasses would be good as well
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 9:11:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:17:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Addidas has a line of prescription glasses in both wrap around and aviator styles. The wife and I both have a pair and love them. They have the same scrip all the way across the lense witch I guess is a fairly new development for wrap around type sunglasses

I really like the wrap around style (more for utility than looks) they are great for shooting prone. With regular style glasses I always seem to be looking at the frame when I flop down into prone.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:20:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Addidas has a line of prescription glasses in both wrap around and aviator styles. The wife and I both have a pair and love them. They have the same scrip all the way across the lense witch I guess is a fairly new development for wrap around type sunglasses

I really like the wrap around style (more for utility than looks) they are great for shooting prone. With regular style glasses I always seem to be looking at the frame when I flop down into prone.
View Quote

Could you post a link or provide name/model of the glasses you're referring to?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:07:28 AM EDT
[#9]

http://www.framesdirect.com/Adidas-Prescription-Sunglasses-prescsgc/rxsgc-lanaoj-s-l-k-k.html

http://www.adidas.com/Eyewear/content/en/technology/lens_sightcorrection.asp

I have a pair of the advistas, I’m not sure the name of my wife’s but they are very similar. The cool thing about mine is that I can swap out lenses in about 3 seconds, switch from clear, to polarized sunglasses and even yellow to fit my environment. I can even wear them at work as my safety glasses with the clear lenses in. I would check for eye doctors in your area that carry them, my local one has pretty good selection of them to try on.

Adidas's site has about a thousand different varieties, colors, sizes..... She should be able to find something that fits her needs and style. Look for styles that offer the "direct frame glazing" having the same scrip across the whole lens is awesome, closest thing to not wearing glasses you can get.  I've also noticed the technology helps with my red dots blooming; it doesn’t stop it completely but seems to knock it in half as compared to my regular glasses.

I'll go back to recommending the wrap around, they offer more protection, and offer a wider view for transitioning between targets and prone.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:07:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks pdm and sdc
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top