Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2001 12:57:26 AM EDT
I have seen in someone's signature on ar15.com a quote attributed to Hitler to the effect of "Now that we have achieved complete national gun registration we are the safest country in Europe, etc., etc..." and dated 1935.

Anyone know the exact quote and the source?
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 7:06:23 AM EDT
[#1]
marvl, is this the one:

"1935 will go down in history!  For the first time a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."
Adolph Hitler

My recollection is that this came from one of his Reichstag speeches, although someone feel free to correct me if that is wrong.  The second quote is a personal favorite since it so clearly describes the average sheeple who still choose to remain blissfully ignorant.

"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think."
Adolph Hitler
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 8:45:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Internet rumor.  

[url]http://www.urbanlegends.com/politics/hitler_gun_control.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 4:34:08 PM EDT
[#3]
oh yeah, totally fabricated
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top