Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2001 3:57:24 PM EDT
"Revolution is like one cocktail;it just gets you organized for the next."

"I heard the bullets whistle,and believe me,there is something charming in the sound."

Link Posted: 5/29/2001 7:51:39 PM EDT
[#1]
The first quote belongs to Will Rogers and the second quote belongs to George Washington.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 6:32:45 PM EDT
[#2]
So, bullets whistling overhead are charming huh?
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 7:28:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Bullets whistling over head is a much better sound than whistling lower than that! I'll bet he was referring to finally having his ass down low rather than up there on that big white horse!
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 6:42:51 PM EDT
[#4]
1)"I fear we have awakened a sleeping giant."?

Link Posted: 6/3/2001 3:25:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Yamamoto, December 7/8, 1941.  Now if anyone could give me a correct citation for his 1941 quote, "We can never invade mainland United States.  There is a gun behind every blade of grass," I would REALLY appreciate it.  In my opinion, it would have been in a paper he wrote in late 1940 or during one of two staff meetings in the summer of 1941, but I have not been able to nail it.

Quoted:
1)"I fear we have awakened a sleeping giant."?

View Quote
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 11:40:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
"Revolution is like one cocktail;it just gets you organized for the next."

"I heard the bullets whistle,and believe me,there is something charming in the sound."

View Quote

Well hell, there's nothing like giving us the answer at the same time you ask the question.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 8:36:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Liberty Ship:
Now if anyone could give me a correct citation for his 1941 quote, "We can never invade mainland United States.  There is a gun behind every blade of grass," I would REALLY appreciate it.  
View Quote

This quote came up the other day in Tora Tora Tora -- not the movie, the History Channel account of Pearl Harbor. It's from one of the Japanese mucky-mucks.

Stay tuned, History Channel re-runs everything.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 9:03:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Japan was anti-gun from the start because it upset them that some illiterate untrained peasant could defeat a Samurai trained from birth.
It was eliteism. In so many countries around the world, you have to know people to get guns. America is getting more and more like that.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 7:14:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks, Powder.  I'll keep an eye out for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top