Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2016 10:21:12 AM EDT
https://www.facebook.com/The-Ghosts-of-the-Eastern-Front-451074868343353/

Here's a page I've been following for a while.  Folks that go around Eastern Europe and collect artifacts and identify human remains for proper re-burial.  They post a lot of crazy pictures that are just fascinating.

It does feel weird though.  While they seem to do good work for the burial of lost soldiers, I think a bit of their revenue comes from selling the artifacts like helmets and other gear.  Seems an awful lot like grave robbing, though I guess it's the same that museums do.  Thoughts?

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 10:52:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been following them for a while, too.

Very interesting page. One night I spent a couple of hours looking at pics and clicking on links.

If you are a military buff and you're on FB it's worth a look.

Link Posted: 8/7/2016 3:48:45 PM EDT
[#2]
The guys from Romania are pretty good too. I don't have a link for them but I have bought stuff from them for good prices.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 3:49:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I enjoy reading their stuff too. Crazy how much stuff is out there, waiting to dug up.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:28:32 AM EDT
[#4]
All fun and games until they find a buried shell or grenade.  I'll pass on ordnance.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:05:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The guys from Romania are pretty good too. I don't have a link for them but I have bought stuff from them for good prices.
View Quote

The AK Operator's Union, Local 47-74?

That's a good page as well.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top