Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2016 8:30:21 PM EDT
My wife's grandfather served in France in WWI.  We have found a small 8x10 US cotton flag that he carried on which he wrote on the white stripes the battles he participated in, Chateau Thierry, the Argonne Forest etc.  It has been badly stored in a plastic bag, and we are looking for information on what should be done to preserve it.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:28:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not too familiar with Pennsylvania, but do you have a state archives department?  If so, I would contact them to see if they could put you in touch with companies that do textile conservation.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:46:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I'll look into it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:47:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 6:47:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Clean.all.mold.
Store.fhat.so.it.doesnt.develope.creases...Hanging.them.stretches.the.fabric
Lay.against.non.acid.base.
Acid.free.paper.
Protect.from.insects.
Constant.temperature.and.humidity.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top