Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2016 6:28:20 PM EDT
I watched a two hour documentary on Amazon Prime, "Broadsides-Emerging nations".  Lots of new to me information about the 1600's, mostly about the wars between the Netherlands and England.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 6:37:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm gonna have to check that one out.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 9:46:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I watched a two hour documentary on Amazon Prime, "Broadsides-Emerging nations".  Lots of new to me information about the 1600's, mostly about the wars between the Netherlands and England.
View Quote

What was the information that you found to be interesting?

Can you give us a brief synopsis or review?
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 12:30:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Naval battles in the North Sea, each side having 100 ships, each with 100 guns manned by 500 sailors.  The battle at Trafalgar only had 60 ships of the line total.  Basically Charles II of England wanted to steal the Dutch's trade because he was broke.  The politics in each country during the war.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top