Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2015 9:37:38 PM EDT
My mother is studying my family's genealogy and discovered he was an uncle of my great, great grandmother.

Was reading up on him tonight.  He was quite a guy.

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 11:02:15 PM EDT
[#1]
You got robbed.

We have Winston Churchill.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 6:44:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Very cool. I only have relatives on both at the Battle of the Alamo.

Link Posted: 6/15/2015 6:47:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Not a big fan of General Stuart. Left Lee blind on too many occasions.

And in before the Damned Yankee Southern bashing.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:18:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Cool but we have a fortress castle in our name built around 1100/1200 AD.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:48:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Lee once remarked that he made a mistake when he didn't leave Stuart in charge of the Second Corps after Jackson died.  Stuart did a very good job handling it after Jackson was wounded.  He certainly would have been a more reliable corps commander that Ewell who would often mix flashes of brilliance with moments of uncertainty that would paralyze his actions.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 2:16:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lee once remarked that he made a mistake when he didn't leave Stuart in charge of the Second Corps after Jackson died.  Stuart did a very good job handling it after Jackson was wounded.  He certainly would have been a more reliable corps commander that Ewell who would often mix flashes of brilliance with moments of uncertainty that would paralyze his actions.
View Quote

Agree.  Stuart's  handling of Jackson's Corps was much better than what Ewell would do.  Stuart is  not my favorite and I think Wade Hampton was a better leader.  Less ego and more into supporting the army than in personal glory.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 2:18:06 AM EDT
[#7]
i have paul tibbits;  good for you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top