Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2015 12:34:40 PM EDT
Can anyone tell me anything about this collection?  My buddy aquired it when his grandfather passed and we're looking for any information on any of it?  Is there any other place I could post to find info also?  Thank you.

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:41:58 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/index.phpp

This would be a good place to start.  Some very knowledgeable folks in here even on the most obscure of German militaria.  Non combat issued knives and flag toppers are not something I could even begin to give a clue about.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 7:43:37 PM EDT
[#2]
The one with the swastika and gear is from Organization Todt, the labor organization that built fortifications or what not.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 3:34:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Definitely join WAF, the small knife with leather sheath looks like a Finnish Puka (Sp?) knife and the bayonets are dress bayonets.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 10:45:32 PM EDT
[#4]
You have a couple of flag pole toppers, one Organization Todt or maybe DAF (Deutches Arbeits Front) and one political...obviously they went on the ends of flag poles, like the kind Standart Bearers would carry...

The two bayonets are, as posted, dress bayonets...the shape of the quillon/guard tells what kind, those might be fire police, but I am not sure, don't know much about the dress bayos...

As NoMoAmmo said, the smaller knife could be Finn, or it could be a home made type fighting knife...

The other looks like a traditional German hunting knife....
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 5:02:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Definitely join WAF, the small knife with leather sheath looks like a Finnish Puka (Sp?) knife and the bayonets are dress bayonets.
View Quote

None of the knives is a typical Finnish puukko.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:35:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There you have it!! I would like to find one someday that I can verify (other than ebay) that is from that time period.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top