Truck, 1/4 ton, 4×4 (Ford GPW)
Chevrolet 1 1/2 ton 4×4 Cargo Dump G7106
Sd.Kfz. 251
Borgward L2300
Ford F15 CMP
T-34 Medium Tank

Link Posted: 12/12/2014 5:26:45 PM EDT
[#1]
That Stug III Auf. G is a replica.  It only has five bogies, not six.  If I weren't a tank nerd since childhood, I wouldn't have noticed.    Still, that's an impressive replica and I commend the guys who converted it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 11:08:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I haven't encountered a history site in a while that wants to agree to terms and conditions before they will let you visit-- and most of those have been library or academic sites.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#3]
That video of the FLAK was awesome!
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That Stug III Auf. G is a replica.  It only has five bogies, not six.  If I weren't a tank nerd since childhood, I wouldn't have noticed.    Still, that's an impressive replica and I commend the guys who converted it.
View Quote

Built on the chassis of a British FV432 APC - I definitely commend the guy who
built it for all the work that he's put into it.

There are also at least one or two PzKfw III replicas running around that were
built on FV432 running gear, and one built on an M113 chassis as well.

You have to know your Panzers, or you'd never know the difference...
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:10:01 PM EDT
[#5]
That 88 was at D-Day Conneaut, Ohio. Was riding in a Higgins boat when they were testing it out during the day. Was a humbling experience.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:14:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I got to finger f$#k and sit in the gunners seat of that same 88 at a WW2 event in Denton, TX back in 2005.
It is one impressive piece of artillery.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:05:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I got to finger f$#k and sit in the gunners seat of that same 88 at a WW2 event in Denton, TX back in 2005.

It is one impressive piece of artillery.
View Quote
It wasn't that 88 I can tell you that. This particular 88 was purchased 2 years ago from an individual in Indiana. Conneaut was the first time that gun has been used at a reenactment. All this belongs to a guy in the WW2 unit I belong to.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top