Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2013 7:26:27 PM EDT
I want to get a magazine subscription, but am unsure of which one to get.  I remember a mag that used to come out a long time ago called something like "Military History" or "Ancient History" that had really nice illustrated covers and had some cool stuff inside, but I can't seem to find it at the local book store.  What's a good magazine I can get that deals with ancient history in general or even military history in ancient times?
Link Posted: 8/12/2013 11:29:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Would it be the Military History Quarterly magazine?
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 3:23:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Would it be the Military History Quarterly magazine?
View Quote

It might have been.  It looks like they've changed up their graphic design and range of subjects since the late 90's if that's them.  I really enjoyed the illustrated covers of ancient warriors.
Link Posted: 8/15/2013 8:40:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Edited, this is not GD.  ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 7:33:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I get Military History and love it.  It's the only magazine I read cover to cover.

http://www.historynet.com/magazines/military_history
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 8:26:53 PM EDT
[#5]
If you are looking for a good American History magazine, American Heritage is good.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 3:47:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I want to get a magazine subscription, but am unsure of which one to get.  I remember a mag that used to come out a long time ago called something like "Military History" or "Ancient History" that had really nice illustrated covers and had some cool stuff inside, but I can't seem to find it at the local book store.  What's a good magazine I can get that deals with ancient history in general or even military history in ancient times?
View Quote

What magazine did you decide to get?
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:06:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ended up getting Ancient Warfare.  It's a publication out of the UK.

http://www.karwansaraypublishers.com/cms/karwansaray/ancient-warfare.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top