Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/15/2013 5:39:27 PM EDT
[#1]
As an adult, I noticed they always fought in the same set/village and had eucalyptus trees which showed it was California.  

I don't remember The Lieutenant and a bit before my time was Air King which featured a family of pilots.  I was told even the kid knew how to fly.
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 5:40:08 AM EDT
[#2]
This show is a great memory of my childhood.  I use to stay up late(too late) as a kid in the mid 80s to watch reruns with my dad.  It was his favorite show as a kid and he would cut me some slack and let me stay up and enjoy it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 10:31:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think Kirby was the BAR man.
My favorite show when I was a kid.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Little John was bad with that BAR.

I think Kirby was the BAR man.
My favorite show when I was a kid.

Yes, Kirby was the BAR man. Loved it too.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:27:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Great show.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:39:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I watched it in the 60's with a good friends father that was a vet. Made me want a Thompsonand as soon as I turned 21 I bought a 1828 just like  Sgt Saunders, that was 1979 and I still have it. I wore out several toy Thompsonand as a child with friends crawling around my neighborhood killing Krouts haha.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:17:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I loved watching the show when I was a kid, Morrow's character was Chip Saunders and before the war he was a shoe salesman in Chicago.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:20:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I watched All of the "war" shows on TV, in part to see just how authentic they were for uniforms and equipment (I started collecting WW 2 German in 1953).  They were faily good, but occasionaly they really sucked - how about the 2 or 3X size on the breast eagles on the German uniforms.  
In spite of the flaws it was a good show!  I would say the same for all of the other WW 2 war shows of the time period.  I faithfully watched all ofthem!  
Sarge
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 8:08:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I remember, "Combat" pretty well.
I liked the episode, "The Duel" where Sgt. Saunders went mano a mano with a German panzer that was heading down a road toward a wounded G.I. who was pinned under a truck.  Saunders shot up the two German infantrymen trying to cover the damaged tank.  He tried stopping it by jamming a big tree branch between the road wheels, by shooting up a can of gasoline he placed on the back engine deck.

I also liked the two part episode where the squad went up against a couple of German pillboxes.  We learned lot in that two parter (season two, IIRC); that Caje was the squad's most accurate shot with a rifle, that Vic Morrow could direct.  Morrow wasn't on camera in that episode very much because he was the director for that two part episode.

I also remember, about twenty-five years ago, that there was one station that carried the show on consecutive nights.  It got funny watching the squad run around the same hill on that same hollywood back lot night after night.

A lot of actors, sixties and seventies regulars, appeared on "Combat"; Robert Duvall, James Whitmore, James Caan, Telly Savalas, Don Gordon, the list just goes on and on.  I can't remember them all.  Maybe, Skip Homeier?   Anyone remember some more?
View Quote

James Coburn.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 10:01:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I remember the show well, I also remember that vic morrow got his head chopped off while filming a remake of the twilight zone.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top