Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Posted: 1/25/2001 11:45:34 AM EDT
I read on a another area of the forum that the laws recently changed regarding Pre-ban AWs registered in California back in 1990? What the goverment or attorney general did was re-write the law so even if you registered your AR by the 1990(?) deadline your still a violator because those AWs are now illegal. What is this all about and why didn't I hear about it. Was the guy who started this rumor misunderstanding the laws or is it correct. I regsitered my preban stuff back in 1990 or whenever the first deadline was, I haven't registered then ever again since DOJ said I didn't have to. What's the real scoop on this crap!
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 11:50:15 AM EDT
Sounds like a confabulation. Any firearm that was registered as an AW under the original Roberti-Roos law is still registered, still legal to own, and does not need to be re-registered. The only possible exception to this is for people who registered during an extension that was authorized by then-AG Dan Lungren which ended in March 1992 and was later ruled by the courts to be illegal. People who registered after the original R-R deadline, 12/31/91 IIRC, and the end of the extension have received a letter from the DoJ ordering them to turn in their firearms and offering to refund the registration fee.
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 12:07:43 PM EDT
California Kid, The way you explained it is the way I understood the AWs law. I feel somewhat relieved for now. I hate it when the rules change in the middle of a game. Thanks
Top Top