Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2001 12:54:43 PM EDT
I've checked the forum for this info and can't tell what I need to do for certain. Have a Pre-ban configuration upper; want to convert to postban config. Have machined off the entire bayonet lug. Can I blind/pin and spot weld the A2 flashhider, or should I just cut and crown the barrel and forget the hider/brake/crap on the end of the barrel thing? Has anyone here cut the crown on a chrome lined barrel and do I need anything more that a sharp carbide cutter in my lathe? Thanks for the help. shooter
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 1:36:03 PM EDT
Install one of the "Wilson Combat" or Kurts Kustom brakes that looks like A2 flash hider.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 4:08:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 6:00:30 PM EDT
Both of the previous answers are right. You can't have a flash hider or threaded muzzle, but you can have a permanently installed Muzzle Break. So loose the flash hider and threads or replace it with a permanently installed muzzle break.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 8:06:54 PM EDT
If you decide to cut the barrel - MAKE SURE YOU MAINTAIN THE 16" MINIMUM LEGAL LENGTH!
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 3:56:38 AM EDT
Thanks, Kurt Wala told me the same thing, no flash suppressor on postys. Not to concerned about the looks thing, and a muzzle brake on a .223 seems a little silly to me, just thought if the flash hider was legal, it would be easier to wield a welder as opposed to a lathe. Thanks all. shooter
Top Top