Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
5/29/2017 5:35:05 AM
Posted: 11/7/2001 1:07:02 PM EDT
I'm LEO, and carry a post-ban Bushie "AK Shorty" with the fixed buttstock. The gun is personally-owned, not dept issue. I have an old telescoping stock from a pre-ban Olympic that I sold some years ago, but I've always assumed that it would be illegal to put a telescoping stock on a post-ban gun, even though I'm law enforcement. Lately, I've been told otherwise (of course, it hasn't been by anyone whose word I'd take as gospel). Is it absolutely prohibited (like I assumed), or okay only for duty use, or okay period as long as you're LE...? ??????????????
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 2:19:18 PM EDT
I believe that if the weapon is personally owned you would be in violation of the law if you installed it. Why not buy a LE AR15? If your Chief or Sheriff will give you the letter that's the easiest way.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 3:55:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 4:57:51 AM EDT
That's what I thought. It's no problem getting a letter from the chief (he's been real good about that for LE guns & LEO mags in the past), but it's not that pressing. The AR works fine as it is; it's just that I've already got the extra telescoping stock laying around & it would be nice to put it to use. Thanks for the input. It's what I had thought, but wanted to check with some real 'AR-type' people. It's not worth buying a new rifle over; I love my Bushie, even in its 'politically correct' configuration...
Top Top