Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2001 8:18:20 PM EDT
One more scenario for you guys to educate me on.

We get 2 evil features on a Post-ban AR and being an SBR is not counted as one of them.  SBR is an NFA covered issue.

If an AR built on a Post-ban lower has a skelotonized stock instead of a pistol grip, the only evil feature I would have is the detachable magazine.  

That leaves me open to add 1 more feature, in which case I could thread the barrel or have a barrel which is integrally suppressed.

Now tell me I can't do that and why.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 9:10:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Because you are not allowed 2 evil features you are allowed one. The text says 2 or more is evil.

On an AR type gun the one evil feature you are allowed is protruding pistol grip.

A thumbhole type stock only applies to importation rules of foreign guns it does not relate to thumbhole style stocks in the post 94 crime bill gun. For the sake of post 94 guns this is still considered a pistol grip.

There is a stock made which completly takes away the pistol grip but it's so butt ugly.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 3:57:48 AM EDT
[#2]
David's right.  The detachable mag is not technically an "evil feature", it's more of a qualifier under the statute.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 5:19:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 8:12:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.  That adds up.  That was the last way I could think of.  Now I know the laws.

I have seen that horizontal grip and it is ugly and not functional to me.  

Steve--I will be shooting sporting clays at Old Forge in VA Friday, if any of you guys ever put down your AR's!!

Link Posted: 10/25/2001 12:37:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Where's Old Forge?  I'm going to be jumping Friday, hopefully, but would like to shoot with you sometime . . .
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 12:44:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I think, however, if you make the magazine fixed, you can add the 1 evil feature.

You may need to ask the ATF about that one though...

Av.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 2:54:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top