Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Posted: 10/23/2001 2:21:05 PM EDT
At a gun show I attended this past weekend I saw a dealer selling some 30rnd. AR mags for $15. The catch (I think) was that they were date stamped 06/01 (June of this year). The guy said he ordered them for a police dept. that backed out and that he could sell them to me just fine (I'm not an LEO). I passed on these obviously, but now I'm wondering if I missed a good deal or if I avoided a bunch of potential problems. loonybin
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 2:26:10 PM EDT
Not buying them was probably a very good idea!!! [beer]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 2:59:54 PM EDT
loonybin, you passed the test. Congrats! You are wise indeed. [beer]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 7:52:16 PM EDT
Either he's really stupid or they're trying to catch someone really stupid. Good to stay away.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 3:57:47 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 5:50:43 AM EDT
Me: "Isn't it illegal to sell these to civilians?" Not-too-bright dealer: "Well, sir, I have a license so I can legally posess them. I have never heard of anyone being prosecuted for owning these. They just won't do it." Me: "Yeah, but I don't have a license(FFL), so can I legally own them?" Ntb dealer: "Well... they're a great price. These are in better shape and cost less than some of the beat up old ones at this show." My other voice: "Danger, Will Robinson! Danger! Red Flag! Exit stage right to next table -- fast!" I didn't even bother buying the obviously pre-ban Beretta mags that he had for sale. Something about giving business to a possibly unethical dealer. I'm glad I passed.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 4:19:53 PM EDT
I think this occurs on a fairly regular basis, last weekend at Tulsa I saw some brand spankin' new mil-spec AR mags, and being the freak for AR's that I am I inquire for a price. Dealer says I'll take $12 each, at this point my heart jumps, then dealer says they are LE only, but they are'nt marked very well barely see it at all. I'm thinking "yeah, I bet the ATF could find it". After all this I see the ATF has their own table set up with about a half dozen guys setting behind it, right next to the FBI's NICS table! Crips!!!!
Top Top