Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2001 10:35:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 4:12:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 7:24:40 AM EDT
I believe, since it is work related, you have to show info about your business. ie deposit slips in excess of $3000 cash.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 10:19:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 9:04:33 PM EDT
Once you move from NY to PA you'd have to surrender your NY permit, as there is no permit system in NY for non-residents.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 3:35:58 AM EDT
There is no requirement to have a NYS driver license to obtain a pistol permit. You do not have to be a NYS resident to obtain a NYS pistol permit if you are employed in NYS. In any case since you maintain a residence in NYS residency would not be an issue in your case. Many counties in NYS routinely issue unrestricted carry permits.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 3:52:40 AM EDT
I don't think they will grant you a NYS permit unless you can show that is your primary residence. I say this because I just got mine and had to play this game, since I still am in school I have my local address and a "permanent" address.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 5:50:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By rkbar15: You do not have to be a NYS resident to obtain a NYS pistol permit if you are employed in NYS. In any case since you maintain a residence in NYS residency would not be an issue in your case. Many counties in NYS routinely issue unrestricted carry permits.
View Quote
bull. you can not have a NY permit unless your primary residence is in NY. If you have a drivers license from any other state NY does not consider you to be a resident even if you own a home there. I have two homes in NY, pay a ton of property taxes, but was not allowed to keep my NY permit since I surrendered my NY drivers license when I got a Florida one.
Top Top