Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Posted: 10/5/2001 11:45:55 PM EDT
Now, it is my understanding that a semi-auto rifle on the BATF's hit list must have more than one of the following features, if made after 1994, to be illegal for civilian possession: 1. Flash supressor 2. Bayonet Lug 3. Pistol Grip So, if I put a thumbhole stock on an AR-15, post-ban rifle, could I put a flash supressor on it? I figure this is why I can still buy a new M1A with a flash supressor, right? themao [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 12:14:44 AM EDT
No, but nice try. A thumbhole stock still counts as a pistol grip under the 1994 AW ban ('protruding conspicuously below the receiver or action') - it's only an exemption under the 89 import ban for imported rifles like the AK or FAL, where the pistol grip was considered a 'military style feature' but the thumbhole stock was not. Only legal way to put a flash suppressor on a post ban is replace the pistol grip with one of those ugly california-compliant 'thumbhooks', or make the magazine nondetachable.
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 11:09:30 AM EDT
I hate this country. I guess I'll get a M1A at some point. Right now, a handgun is on my wish list first. themao [chainsawkill]
Top Top