Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2001 5:34:21 PM EDT
mayor Daley and his cronies along with his machine downstate have introduced H.B.1940 thru 1947.  These bills are very anti-gun and come in the wake of the Navistar shooying in Melrose Park.  They would allow only one firearm per month, registration and fingerprinting, training and practical aplication testing to own a handgun.  "Assault Weapons" would be banned along with any hi-cap mags.

Call your State Rep. and State Sen. and tell them to vote no on these bills.  Do this asap or we'll be just another Kali or N.Y.  Thanks  
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 2:49:37 AM EDT
[#1]
There is also a Senate version of the AW ban and Mag ban which more closely resembles the NY ban.

SB 1338 CRIM CD-ASSAULT WEAPONS
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#2]
The city of Chicago along with its mayor Richard Daley can disappear from the map...if ya know what I'm sayin'.
What friggin' right does Chicago, its politicians and its people have with running the entire state?
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I was born in Chicago, and I'm old enough to remember the great display of Firearms at the downtown Fields store.  Unfortunately, times have changed.  I live downstate, and can shoot on my own land.  Dick Daley wants to push me around down here too.  We need to fight back, but win or lose, I'm moving somewhere warm when I retire in a few more years.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 8:09:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I have family in the Chicago area and I thought that there is a AW ban in Cook county, which I think covers where the that guy went nuts.  Chicago itself I thought had some pretty strict laws also even on handguns and AWs.  Is that so?

I'm starting to worry that the gun control guys are going to start to agree with our mantra that gun control laws don't work.  Unfortunately, I think their answer will be- No more guns.

Plus, as someone who travels, how exactly are we supposed to know which states and even counties and cities are pro-crime/anti-gun?  I know ignorance of the law is not a defense, but what are we to do?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top