Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2001 1:53:39 PM EDT
If I have a Post Ban AR with an A2 stock and I want to change it to a Post Ban Tele-style stock, would that be considered Altering a Firearm, thus making my weapon illegal? 2) How about swapping a 14.5 in with a permanently attached compensator, making it a legal 16 in barrel, with a regular 16 in barrel? 3) What about swapping a 16 in upper with a 20 inch upper? (of course both Post ban) [newbie]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 2:42:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/26/2001 2:41:57 PM EDT by cyrax777]
yes there all legal to do as the post ban telestock doesnt collapse the 14.5 with a permanent comp would make it fit the legal lenght as far as federal law is consered state law may vary edited to add federal disclamer
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 3:01:23 PM EDT
One of the nice things about the AR is how much customization you can do to it. Replace the A2 stock with a post-ban tele-style stock...sure! Buy a whole crapload of different uppers...sure! As long as you put post-ban parts on your post-ban lower you should be OK.
Originally Posted By Flip_from_New_York: If I have a Post Ban AR with an A2 stock and I want to change it to a Post Ban Tele-style stock, would that be considered Altering a Firearm, thus making my weapon illegal? 2) How about swapping a 14.5 in with a permanently attached compensator, making it a legal 16 in barrel, with a regular 16 in barrel? 3) What about swapping a 16 in upper with a 20 inch upper? (of course both Post ban) [newbie]
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 3:45:09 PM EDT
Top Top