Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2001 8:21:45 PM EDT
With all this hoopla about new airport security going on, I have been surprised not to hear anything about banning non-metal guns, such as the Glock fiasco afew years back.
Granted making a gun without any metal in it, and that works is probably next to impossible. However could anybody enlighten me on whether Congress ever passed a "plastic gun" law.  If they did what legally is a "plastic gun"?    
I see Kevlar AR lowers for sale, and they technically are firearms, but contain no metal.
I am usually pretty up to date on all firearm laws but after searching the web I can't find a definitive answer.
Just curious.

JBNTEX
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 8:45:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The hammer, trigger, sear, pins and springs are still metal, even in a Kevlar lower. Besides, you can't fire it without an upper and there is lots of metal there.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 11:21:43 PM EDT
[#2]
perhaps someone will make a gun with ceramic barrels, hammers, uppers, firing pins and stuff like that... only thing that cant be nonmetal is the ammo... just like that ceramic knife I saw on the web...
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 12:50:27 PM EDT
[#3]
we do have a law like that
says something liem must have x amount of metal in it. wish i could rememeber the name of that law but i belive there is one
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top