Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Posted: 9/16/2001 3:34:42 PM EDT
Okay, I'm sure this has been asked or discussed before, but I don't really have the time to search through the archives looking for past discussions. Question: Is it legal for a Kalifornia resident to travel out of state, purchase an ar15, if the rifle is not ever brought into the state? Does it matter if it's a private party transfer or not? Is it legal to buy any type of firearm out of one's state of residence?
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 7:22:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2001 7:27:15 PM EDT by operatorerror]
No. It's not legal to go to another state to buy a weapon that is illegal in your state of residence.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 7:27:59 PM EDT
You cannot buy a gun in another state that isn't legal in both that state and your state of residence. You can, though I'm not sure if Kali allows it buy a gun that is legal in Kali. in a contigous state. By the way, what's going on with the court decision regarding Series bans. If it did overturn the law then you should be able to get an AR-15 in Kali. if anybody is willing to risk it. But, it wouldn't have a Pistol Grip.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 7:29:30 PM EDT
No more AR's[:(] The only way you can buy a hand gun or (non assault) rifle from out of state is to have it shipped to a CA FFL and then go through the paper work and back ground check through them. This is for CA residents only.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 7:29:58 PM EDT
BTW, there are some Kali legal ARs, such as a Single-Fire AR that cannot accept a magazine. i wonder if you hold the mag in place if one of those would fire semi-auto.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 1:26:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/17/2001 1:26:13 PM EDT by Chaingun]
There are NOW legal AR's, those that are not on the official ban list. Due to the "series" re-definition by the SC, any manufacture not specifically listed is legal, sans pistol grip. Or a lower only with pistol grip is legal. All we need now is DOJ approval [v]
Top Top