Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Posted: 2/24/2001 7:51:19 PM EDT
I purchased a complete lower with a collaspable stock from Bushmaster prior to the Ban. If I purchase a pre or post ban upper, will it be legal? Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 8:12:21 PM EDT
My understanding of the law is that it would be illegal because the rifle was not made into a complete rifle before Sept. 13, 1994. However, if you buy a upper at a gunshow with cash it would be next to impossible to prove that the rifle was a postban. Kyle
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 8:15:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 8:25:19 PM EDT
If you bought it with the telestock attached, before the ban, it's a pre-ban, because that configuration (lower with a pistol grip, detachable magazine, and collapsing stock) would be illegal to build now. A stripped lower, or complete lower with fixed stock didn't have enough evil features to qualify as a pre-ban all by itself, so needed to have been assembled with a pre-ban config upper before the ban to qualify.
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 12:37:48 PM EDT
Thanks for the replys. I tend to agree with Circuits on this. I have the bill of sale from Bushmaster that shows it was bought complete with the collaspable stock. With 3 of the evils on the lwr, it seems that it has to be a preban gun.
Top Top