Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2001 9:42:41 PM EDT
I know this has prob. been asked 100 times, but I could not find it using the search.

If I move to California (I am not)..just for questions purposes....

Would I be allowed to take my AR and hi-caps?
My 10/22 with all the evil features?
How about something like my 37mm launcher?

Would I have to sell them (give them to a family member)..bla..bla...bla....what is one to do?  

Thanks,
medcop
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 9:50:24 PM EDT
[#1]
no
no
and suprisingly yes as long as its not attached to a AR
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 10:02:22 PM EDT
[#2]
OH....that sucks!  I knew they had it bad in PRK...but man, that is very bad!  Almost scares the hell out of me....what is to come next?!

thanks for the reply,
medcop
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 6:44:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Your 10/22 should be legal with all it's evil features, the BS23 law do not apply to rim-fire.

It's also legal to convert a FAL to .22 with all the legal features.  Don't blame me if some DOJ goon busts you for his not understanding the laws.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 6:57:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Why not just stay out of Calif?? nice place to visit but would not want to live there.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 7:56:51 AM EDT
[#5]
AR - NO

High-cap magazines - NO

10/22 configured any Federally legal way * - YES

37 mm launcher - If it's attached to OR DESIGNED TO ATTACH to a firearm NO; if it's a dedicated signal flare that cannot readily be attached to a firearm YES.  (We have lots of boats here.  Signal flare launchers are LEGAL, but items like the Bushmaster 37 mm fake M203 are considered destructive devices and are banned.)

HTH.

* However, minimum overall length for a rifle with a folding stock is measured with the stock folded in California.  Under federal law it's measured extended.  Minimum OAL is 30 inches.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top