Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2001 7:26:43 PM EDT
I have a buddy who is going to sell my a preban NM upper for a good deal. The problem is that I have a postban lower. He says that all I have to do is take it to a gunsmith and have the bayonet lug cut off and a muzzle brake permenately attached and then it's legal. Is this correct? I hope it is!
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 7:51:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Your buddy is correct.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 11:00:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Legal under the AW Ban, but if you have a muzzle brake installed, it will not be legal for Service Rifle competition, and not be competitive in Match Rifle.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 10:20:21 AM EDT
[#3]
And the existing muzzle device, unless it's specifically made to be post-ban legal, will probably not be legal on a post-ban config upper.

To be post-ban legal, it must not perform any flash reduction, must not be threaded to a standard flash hider thread (or be permanently installed to cover the threads if it is so threaded), and must not be NATO standard 22mm in outer diameter (which makes it be considered a grenade launcher by the ATF).

The most inexpensive post-ban threaded brake I know of is the Cav-comp from Cavalry Arms, and it's also a very good peformer, and looks vaguely like the original A2 style flash hider.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 11:56:10 AM EDT
[#4]
What's the length of that upper?
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 6:09:37 AM EDT
[#5]
It's a 20inch upper
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 6:42:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Just checkin, thanx.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top