Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2001 4:01:17 AM EDT
Can I put a pre-ban collapsible buttstock on my RRA post-ban LEGP rifle? I was told as long as I find one made prior to 1994 I could do it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 4:16:08 AM EDT
[#1]
You answered your own question.

The Buttstock is not the weapon, the lower reciever is classified as the weapon by the ATF.

If you have a post ban lower, the age of addition parts dosen't matter... you cannot (legally) put a collapsible stock on it.

To legally put a collapsible stock on an AR, you'd have to be able to prove that the reciever was manufactured prior to the ban date in 94' and that the reciever was either assembled into a complete rifle, or was in a parts kit that could have been built into a complete rifle prior to that ban date.

The LEGP doesn't even come near.... Any Rock River Arms reciever is post-ban and there for has a fixed stock.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 8:40:15 AM EDT
[#2]
well u can IF u have the shorty stock as the only allowed part remove the pistol grip, or
make the gun no longer restricted under the

crime bill ie
make the magazine non detechable, or make the gun no longer semi auto. with the last 2 options u can add whatever u want
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top