Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2001 8:03:10 AM EDT
Has anyone heard from DOJ yet about the recent California Supreme Court Ruling concerning "series" type AW's? None of the dealers in my area have heard anything yet, or even seem to know about it. Very few are interested in having anything to do with AW's at all.... I understand. I've had to pass on info my self but I'd rather they get the official word from DOJ themselves to make sure it's right. If I get anything from DOJ I'll post it here. Thanks.
WSmac
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 9:29:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 5:40:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 8:35:38 PM EDT
[#3]

...wouldn't that be a tacit admission to DOJ that you were in violation of the AR/AK "series" registration requirement before it was overturned in the CA Supreme Court? Think about it. That may come back and bite you in the ass.
View Quote

Wouldn't that be akin to arresting a drunk for violation of the 18th amendment?
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 6:42:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Now that the "series" word is removed, there are some lowers that are again legal to purchase.

What if someone, who is living in Arizona, purchases a lower not on the list, moves to California, and now becomes a legal resident.  Can this this lower be sold legally to another California resident?

I believe yes since it's only considered a rifle and not an AW.
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 9:23:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 10:46:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

...This latest decision isn't the last word on this. Get ready for another round of appeals, DOJ clarifications and lawsuits.
View Quote

Correct.

There is NO WAY the DoJ will be forthcoming with any opinion that says it's OK for an ordinary citizen to buy anything that resembles an AR-15 unless they are thorougly backed into a corner by multiple court rulings and perhaps an angry mob threatening civil suits.

I've got my torch and pitchfork ready to go!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top