Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2001 3:08:56 PM EDT
I might be a little late on this one, but is there a ban coming that will ban the importation of pre94 Hi-cap mags?
Will this effect prices, if takes place.
I saw something about this on the SW homepage.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 4:14:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 6:04:16 PM EDT
[#2]
HR 1922 IH

107th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. R. 1922
To ban the importation of large capacity ammunition feeding devices, and to extend the ban on transferring such devices to those that were manufactured before the ban became law.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

May 21, 2001
Ms. DEGETTE (for herself, Mr. ABERCROMBIE, Mr. BLAGOJEVICH, Mr. BLUMENAUER, Ms. BROWN of Florida, Ms. CARSON of Indiana, Mrs. JONES of Ohio, Ms. NORTON, Ms. WOOLSEY, Mr. CAPUANO, Mr. DAVIS of Illinois, Mr. KENNEDY of Rhode Island, Mr. MEEHAN, Mr. NADLER, Mr. WEXLER, Mr. WYNN, Mr. COYNE, Mr. FRANK, Ms. SCHAKOWSKY, Mr. MCGOVERN, Mr. GEORGE MILLER of California, Mr. BARRETT of Wisconsin, Mrs. TAUSCHER, and Mr. MORAN of Virginia) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A BILL
To ban the importation of large capacity ammunition feeding devices, and to extend the ban on transferring such devices to those that were manufactured before the ban became law.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. BAN ON IMPORTING LARGE CAPACITY AMMUNITION FEEDING DEVICES.

Section 922(w) of title 18, United States Code, is amended--

(1) in paragraph (1), by striking `(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2)' and inserting `(1)(A) Except as provided in subparagraph (B)';

(2) in paragraph (2), by striking `(2) Paragraph (1)' and inserting `(B) Subparagraph (A)';

(3) by inserting before paragraph (3) the following:

`(2) It shall be unlawful for any person to import a large capacity ammunition feeding device.'; and

(4) in paragraph (4)--

(A) by striking `(1)' each place it appears and inserting `(1)(A)'; and

(B) by striking `(2)' and inserting `(1)(B)'.

SEC. 2. EXTENSION OF BAN ON TRANSFERRING LARGE CAPACITY AMMUNITION FEEDING DEVICES TO THOSE THAT WERE MANUFACTURED BEFORE THE BAN BECAME LAW.

(a) ELIMINATION OF EXEMPTION FOR TRANSFER OF DEVICES LAWFULLY POSSESSED BEFORE ENACTMENT OF THE BAN- Section 922(w)(1)(B) of title 18, United States Code, as so redesignated by section 1 of this Act, is amended by striking `or transfer'.

(b) EXPANDED DEFINITION- Section 921(a)(31)(A) of such title is amended by striking `manufactured after the date of enactment of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994'.

Link Posted: 7/27/2001 3:58:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 2:29:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy all you can!!!
Look what happened here in CA. I loaded up before the law went into effect (no more mags over ten rounds here), but if I break some of my mags, that’s it!
LOAD UP regardless of the potential threatening legislation.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 3:05:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Dont rely on Shrub, he has already voiced support for the >10 round mag ban.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 3:05:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Actually, for now, at least, you can still buy replacment parts for your existing magazines, as well as get them repaired or refinished, as needed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top