Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2001 2:45:32 PM EDT
I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the AW Ban "sunsetting" in 2004? I am thinking about buying a preban AR. I just hate to spend the money when I can wait a few years and buy one at half the price!!
I already have 2 post-ban AR's and I love them!!!

John
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#1]
September 13th, 2004, 18 USC section 922(v)and (W) are no more.  That ryhmes.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 7:29:14 PM EDT
[#2]
*cough* pipedream *cough* dont get me wrong it could happen chances are it will but there have already passed on to override the sunset to wee wont have a grace period
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 8:14:08 PM EDT
[#3]
If they haven't though Bush probably won't sign it into law, (I hope) so if it runs out in Sept 2004 we should all be ready to run out and buy the good stuff incase the democrats win (being a presidential election year and all). If it did run out for say 4 or 5 months that it would take to have another president take the oath and pass a new law, would that make all the AR-15s in circulation pre-ban if they passed another ban?
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 10:04:30 PM EDT
[#4]
welli f u read bushes policys on guns he wants to make the possen limit 21 for any so called AW so i bet he would sign it if he got the chance oiur hope is tho keep the damn partsy in fighting so much they wont notice teh aw bill but i doubt that
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 10:44:52 PM EDT
[#5]
If you look at Bush overall, you will relaize that he doesn't believe anyone under 21 should even be considered an adult. Being 19 that pisses me off, but I sure as hell wouldn't vote for anybody else for fear that AL Gore would get in. Case and point is that more states are moving towards 21. Unlike many gun laws, a 21 age has wide support even among gun owners. It is the "it won't affect me" attitude. I personally would rather be able to own anything I wish at 21, than almost nothing at any age. Though, I should be able to own anything at 18.

But, as for what Bush'll do:

10 to 1, he will try to create a new bill that bans anyone under 21 from owning an Assault Weapon. He will probably try to pass this rather than an outright ban. I will be 22 before the bill sunsets. Plus, they will have to Grandfather my current cache of firearms. So, I am not worried about Bush. Bill Klinton appeared soon after the concession of Al Gore on TV and stated that the NRA and Gun Owners had cost Gore the election/put Bush in office. I hope he was right. Bush will be apprehensive of an outright ban and becoming just like his father. Some people don't remember, but Bush, Sr. raised taxes. He was voted out, because a third party took many votes. He lost the presidency because he betrayed America. Bush, Jr. wouldn't want the same. But, then again we ended up with Klinton as a result.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top