Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2001 7:28:49 AM EDT
Does anyone know if a gunowner (i.e. honest citizen) has ever been charged under the AW ban? (other than the people in Waco).  If so, has this law been challaged in Court, and if so, at what level, district, appeals....

Thanks,
Worldskipper
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 11:22:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I heard that no one has ever been charged with an AW violation alone. I have heard people talk about people who were charged, but those people were involved in more than just AW. One person said he knew a guy, but it turns out he was selling the guns illegaly. The additional charge was just to get extra charges.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 9:03:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Chances are that if you are not breaking the law when you are using your AW no one will know you illegally added that colapsible stock.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 9:23:28 AM EDT
[#3]
the only people that are getting charged is its a addone for for something else to make the sentence longer and making him have a more open mind on pleading out or cutting a deal .
as for waco that was supposed NFA violations the Crime bill didnt excist then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top