Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2001 10:01:48 PM EDT
As many of you know the feds are acting to change gun regulations, which have the effect of killing federal gun registration. It's time we enjoy our victory and move to our next target, the repeal of the semi-auto weapons ban. News at the "e-mail" icon at:
National CCW Reciprocity Foundation
http://www.NationalCCW.com
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 10:32:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 4:15:47 PM EDT
[#2]
No repeal will pass the Senate.  Period.  It will sunset in 2004.  It will not be extended or renewed unless the third party protest morons vote their butts instead of their brains in 2002.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 11:35:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Bush can veto it even if it passes the House and Senate. THe bill sunsets on Sept. 13, 2004. Nov. 2, 2004 is the presidential election. It will play a significant role in the election. Will Bush sign a new ban and lose the Gun Owners votes or will he veto it and not get the Soccer Mom vote, which he doesn't get now anyways. He will veto a new ban.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 11:42:34 PM EDT
[#4]
One suggestion though. Purchase a shitload of Pre-Ban uppers and Post-Ban lowers slightly before the ban sunsets. Then, assemble and photograph each one with a time and date stamp after the bill sunsets. If a new bill is passed later, your guns become pre-ban and triple in value. If the democrats win, you have 4 months to build as many pre-bans as you can. Do not wait for them to become available at you FFL. Assemble them yourself. My plans for 12:01 AM on September 13, 2004. I will be in my house assembling multiple Pre-Ban AR-15/AK-47/MP-5/G3/ETC. I will save up my money and buy as many parts as I can before the ban sunsets, Then I'll assemble them. I becomes a matter of slapping on an upper and sticking in the pins with an AR-15. AN AK-47, G3, MP-5 requires a little more work, but is doable.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 9:21:46 AM EDT
[#5]
id be making a crapload of preban semis shotguns during the grace period if we get one i hope so but i doubt it read bushs policys
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 9:28:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Bad news the laws never change in favor of gun owners.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 12:30:35 PM EDT
[#7]
The federal law may sunset, but the DemocRats in the state legislatures are running to pass copycat state laws that do not sunset. The SOBs here in MA ran a sneaky one through shortly before the last election when they backed the acting Governor into a corner and he had to sign it. He was an anti in honest man's clothing anyway. The bill was a copy of the federal AW ban plus about a hundred more things to turn responsible citizens into criminals. He won the election, but we don't have to tolerate his deception anymore. Dubya sent him to Canada.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top