Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2001 10:15:59 PM EDT
If Dick Cheney can no longer hold the office of VP?
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 10:20:57 PM EDT
[#1]
The old lady and I have a bet goin
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 5:11:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Bush would have to appoint a new Vice President. Nixon did this after his VP, Spiro Agnew, had to resign.

Amendment XXV (1967)

Section 1. In case of the removal of the President from office or of his death or resignation, the Vice President shall become President.

Section 2. Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

Nixon appointed Nelson Rockefeller as VP.

Now if both the President and VP met their demise, the next in line would be the Speaker of the House.

Geoff Ross
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 11:54:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Anybody betting on either Ashcroft (if he isn't in the Supreme Court yet) or Colin Powell. Nominating Colin Powell will get Bush alot more votes in 2004 and would be politically astute. He has already said that he plans to make Ashcroft a member of the Supreme Court. Now that would definitely help our rights.

My bet is on Colin Powell.

98% of the Blacks voted against Bush. Colin Powell = more black votes. Now, many will not vote for Bush regardless, but a black VP would be politically astute.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 6:02:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Even with Powell, Bush would not get any more of the Black vote. Bush should work harder at keeping what got him into office, i.e. Gun Owners.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 12:20:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I would rather see Ashcroft in the Supreme Court...this would really help gun rights issues...GO ASHCROFT GOOOOOOOO....

I also think that a black VP would help Bush in 2004...and it would make history and give Bush an everlasting place and make for good trivia...hehehehe
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 12:24:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Alan Keyes
[url]http://www.keyes2000.org/[/url]

Also happens to be for the repeal of the 16th amendment.  I like it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top