Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2001 4:38:59 AM EDT
Folks:

I'm looking at buying a Colt AR15 which is supposedly pre-ban.  The serial number is given as GS077XX.  I checked the serial number list on the old AR15 site, but didn't see any of this format.  Any ideas whether this is, in fact pre-ban?

Thanks,

M1911
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 6:35:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know about your serial number but you would probably best be served if you called Colt Customer Service and ask them. They will tell you if it is or not and if it is they will gladly send you a letter confirming the preban status for future reference.

The call is free.

1-800-962-COLT

I just called them yesterday, they are very helpful.

Good Luck

Also, check out this link:
http://home1.gte.net/bblakley/ban/index.htm
Link Posted: 2/16/2001 7:55:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Colt Govt Model lower with ser.#GS0076XX on my M4gery. For some reason the GS series is not included in a lot of serial number lists on the net. I'm not an expert, but from what I found all GS series lowers were built in 1 year--1990, making them all prebans. Now the problem is, was it built as a complete  weapon from the factory or did Colt sell some just as lowers.
As the previous poster pointed out,your best bet is contacting Colt to find out.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top